Chapter 30

Draco's POV

"Any students found with sweets from unauthorized suppliers will be punished."

"All student organizations are henceforth disbanded, any students in non-compliance will be expelled."

Not only were the walls filled with rules after rules, but it seemed as if Umbridge's voice echoed through the halls and classrooms. This school is hers now. Hers to control and change. To punish students gruesomely and set standards that don't add up. We can only hope that Dumbledore's charges will be dropped and he can return and put the school back into the order it belongs in.

"Mr. Malfoy." Snape approached me right outside his classroom. He hadn't arrived until now and so we all were waiting outside the classroom.

"Yes professor?" I asked.

"Where is Mr. Potter? I noticed he is not here." Snape asked.

"He wasn't feeling well. He's back in the dorms."

"Sick?"

"Harry got no sleep again last night and he still feels guilty about Dumbledore that he really wasn't up for leaving today. It's Friday, so it's not like it's a big deal."

"Yes, well. There are some potions I'd like for you to give him. See me after class." Snape turned and opened the door for his classroom, all of us following after him.

The class settled into their spots in class. The spot next to me stood empty as Harry was not there.

"Draco." My gaze that was on the empty spot next to me moved to the front of me where a red headed freckled faced boy stood.

"Weasley."

"Uhm, do you mind giving this to Harry? He left it with me over the summer and I forgot to give it back to him." He asked. He held out a bag, but I had no clue what was inside.

"Sure." I took it from him. He nodded his head at me and left to sit beside Granger.

The class went on normally and soon enough it had ended. Though it seemed no one wanted it over, which was weird.

Classes for the day are over, which means it's dinner time soon and I don't think anyone wants to deal with Umbridge.

The students left and I met Snape beside his desk.

"Draco. Your father has been in contact with me. From now on, I suggest you be careful."

"I know, but do I have to listen to him?"

"What are you getting at?"

"I'm terrified of my father, but I don't want to be a death eater. I don't want marry someone I don't love and I don't want to hurt others."

"Draco. You've never seemed to care much on the matter. Why now?"

"Because I'm tired of listening to my father. My father's a coward. He only follows Voldemort so he doesn't get killed, but Harry's going to win. The dark lord will fall. I know it." I explained.

Snape's lip twitched slightly. "Then I suggest you figure out what you're going to tell your father."

"You don't care? That I don't want to be a death eater?"

"No. Of course not. Draco after Lilly died, Harry's mother. I no longer swore my alliegence to the dark lord."

"But you're still a death eater?"

"It's more complicated than that. Anyways, here are the potions I mentioned."
He handed me three different potions. There was a draught of peace, blood replenishment, and a dreamless sleep potion. "Just in case." He said.

I took the potions and the package from Weasley and left for the dormitory to drop these off and then head to dinner with Harry.

When I go into the common room, Blaise sat with Pansy. "Hey guys, shouldn't you be at dinner?" I asked them.

"Yeah, we're waiting for you and Harry. Where is he, by the way?"

"He should be upstairs."

Blaise's nose scrunched for a second. "I was just up there. I didn't seem him."

What? He was up there this morning before I left. The worst of thoughts got to me as I bolted up the stairs.

I burst through the door and sure enough Harry was no where in sight.

"Harry?" I called setting down my stuff on the desk. The bathroom door was closed. "Harry, are you in there?" The door was locked. "Harry! Open the door." I started to panic.

Why isn't he answering?

"Draco?" He called.

"Harry? Are you alright? Open the doors, please."

"I-I, I'm sorry! I didn't mean to!"

"Didn't mean to what? Harry, just open the door!"

He didn't open the door, but I heard sobbing.

I whipped my wand out from within my cloak. "Alohomora!" The door clicked and opened slightly.

I had hoped I would never see this scene again.

Harry gripped his left arm, crying. A blade on the ground with droplets of blood.

"Harry."

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I-I didn't mean for this to happen! I just-"

"Harry, calm down." I knelt down beside him.

"Please don't be mad at me." He whimpered.

"Hey. I'm not mad at you. Let's just get you cleaned up, ok?"  The cuts were deep and fresh blood dripped down them, but it was nothing compared to the last time I saw him like this.
I grabbed some towels and got them set before cleaning up his arms and bandaging them up.

His face and eyes were red and puffy. I took another clean rag and gently wiped off the tears on his face.

"Come on." I said pulling him up by his hands. I led him to the bed and we both sat down. "What happened?"

"My thoughts. They were j-just getting so loud! I-I didn't know what to do! Dumbledore, Ron, Ginny, and you. I can't do it anymore! How am I supposed to stop Voldemort?! I'm not capable of anything! I'm useless! I can't even stop myself from hurting my self! I don't deserve your love or an-"

"Harry stop!" I pulled him tightly to myself. "Listen. You're going to get better. It just takes time. You're going to fall again, but you'll stand up taller than before. You haven't failed anyone. We all love you and you deserve it, don't think otherwise. You're going to stop Voldemort, I know you will."

"How can you have so much confidence in me?"

"Because I love you Harry. You are a great person and so I know you can do anything you set your mind to. You always put others above you and you care about everyone. You are stronger than you think. You'll get through this, you'll win the war, and you'll get that happy ending and I promise to stay by your side till the very end." I vowed.

Harry looked up to me. "What about your father?"

"I've decided to tell him that I don't want to be a death eater, nor do I want to leave you. When I see him again I'll tell him. If he accepts me, then great, if not, then I'm leaving. I love you Harry. I'm not gonna leave you."

Harry cupped my cheek and pulled our faces together. His lips touching mine. It was a sweet kiss, full of love and passion. "I love you too."

---------------------------

I'm getting to that part of the book where I'm having a little bit of writers block. Yay me! But I think I have a really good idea for next chapter, but it's just gonna take a lot of thought on how to put it in words.
Anyways, hope you enjoyed, see you next week!