Chapter 16|Rachel

A/N: Huge disclaimer!!!!

For those of you that haven't seen the Avengers: Endgame this chapter contains huge spoilers. I know the chances are slim but I'm putting out there anyway! Enjoy!

"So you wanna grab a bite to eat first?" he asked me looking really uncomfortable.

I chuckled a little, mostly to myself. I love how nervous he is.

"I'll settle for just the candy. See, I have a very specific diet and I'm allowed only one free day for candies and stuff. I do not have a plastic surgeon, despite what you think."

He scoffed a bit.

"Yeah, right. Just a diet. That can give you a body like this." he said annoyed nodding in my direction.

A mischievous grin formed in my face.

"Ah, so you have noticed." I said raising my eyebrow.

He shifted a bit in his place.

"Well, yeah. I have eyes you know." he said without sparing a glance at me but I could see he was smiling, a small smile, but still.
I turned my gaze to the front and said nothing until he parked in the parking lot near the movie theater.

We got out and started walking next to each other in silence. I felt nervous and giddy at the same time. He had me all riled up but I didn't know how to proceed not to screw this up as he is a proven flight risk. The smallest things can set him off and this thing could blow up quicker than an atomic bomb.

We reached the box office and were about to get our tickets.

"Do I dare make a move?" I said reaching for my wallet.

" Do it and I'll bite your hand off." he said with a deadpan expression. I dropped my hand right away.

"Fine! But i'm paying for the candy and popcorn."

He chuckled while giving the cashier cash for our tickets.

"No, you're not." he said giving my ticket looking playful.

I got lost for a minute in his green eyes. They were sparking with humour and I felt like the whole word was smiling at me.

"What? Your manhood will be bruised if a girl buys popcorn for you?" i teased him.

"Tell you what. If you are still here after the movie and not running for the hills out of boredom, I'll let you buy me ice cream."

"Challenge accepted." I said grinning and he chuckled again.

After buying lots of candies and drinks we settled in our seats. There weren't a lot of people in the room but still more than I wanted.

Our arms were almost touching and I could feel his warmth sending small tingles down my spine.

The movie started right away and I turned my focus to the screen silently prayed not to be bored.

"Who is he?" I whispered pointing to the guy at the screen teaching a girl how to shoot an arrow. He smiled and looked at me.

"Two seconds in and you have questions already? That's Hawkeye. He is in the Avengers." he whispered back leaning a bit closer to me not to disturb others. Having him so close to me not being able to touch him is killing me. I took a deep breath to calm my nerves, taking a sip from my drink I nodded to him as if I understand. Honestly right now I couldn't care less about the movie, but I concentrated my focus onto the screen anyway.

As the movie progressed i caught on pretty quickly even though the voids in the story didn't let me have a clearer image about certain things but anyway.