Chapter 9

Leslie: "Like hell we will. You still didn't finish answering his question. Who are they?"

She says pointing at the men behind Travis.

Travis: "These are my men. We're called The Maulers. You could be part of us sweat heart, if you follow our instructions".

Y/N's blood started boiling but he kept his composure.

Y/N: "We're not giving you anything".

Travis: "You see, I didn't give you a choice. I told you to give us your stuff. But you know what, we're gonna walk to the end of the trail that leads to here. I'll give you a minute to make up your mind. If you don't give us your shit, there's gonna be chaos".

Travis and his men walk away. Zack and Joseph come up the tower.

Zack: "What are we gonna do?"

Y/N: "Simple, we're not giving them anything".

Leslie: "Yeah. If they want a fight, we'll give it to them".

Y/N: "She's right. We're not gonna let some bandits take all of our shit. Come on, let's go explain this to everybody".

They get down the tower. Everybody in the community were by the gates.

Mary: "What's going on?"

Y/N: "Bandits. They want our stuff".

Mary: "Are you gonna give it to them?"

Leslie: "Hell no. These fuckers think they can steal our shit. We're not gonna let them".

Y/N: "Alright. Everybody listen up!. Bandits are here. They want our supplies but we're not gonna give it to them. I want all the children and people who are not fighting inside the houses. Everybody with weapons get in position and wait for the signal. If they try anything we light them up. Everybody got that?"

Everybody: "Yes sir".

Y/N: "Perfect, now get to your places".

The people with guns get into position all around the gate. Some are taking cover and some are aiming at the gate.

Leslie: "Hey".

He turns to Leslie and she pulls him into a tight hug.

Leslie: "Be careful".

Y/N: "I will. Don't worry, we'll handle this".

He gives her a quick peck on the lips.

There was a knock on the gate.

Travis: "We're back. Made up your mind yet?"

Y/N: "Yeah we have. We're not giving you shit"

He says yelling at the gate.

Travis: "You're gonna regret that".

They could hear the sound of a truck starting up. All of a sudden a truck rams into the gate making the doors swing open. Travis's men come charging inside.

Y/N: "Now!"

Everybody starts spraying bullets at each other. Y/N shoots one of the men in the head and another one in the throat. Leslie takes out three men by shooting all of them in the head. A bandit sneaks up behind her and is about to shoot her but she spins around and stabs the man in the throat with a knife. Another one of the men comes up behind Leslie but Y/N shoots him in the leg before he could try anything. Leslie thanks him and is about to shoot the man in the head.

Y/N: "Wait. Save him".

She nods and knocks the man out by hitting him with the butt of her rifle.

A lot of Travis's men are being killed. Travis is behind the truck that rammed into the gates taking cover. Zack comes over by Y/N.

Zack: "Lets flank them from the side".

Y/N: "Ok you go left, I go right".

He nods and heads off in his direction. He slowly makes his way to where Travis is trying to avoid the flying bullets.

He gets there and sees Joseph fighting with Travis. Travis knocks him down and is about to shoot him. He takes aim but before he could shoot Zack jumps in front Joseph taking the bullet for him. He gets shot in the heart.

Joseph: "No, Zack!"

Y/N shoots at Travis but only hits him in the shoulder.

Travis: "Retreat! Retreat!"

Travis and the remainder of his men all leave the community avoiding all the bullets.

Everybody is standing outside examining the aftermath. Only three people were killed. Y/N goes over to check on Leslie.

Y/N: "Hey".

Leslie: "Hey".

They pull each other into a long hug.

Y/N: "You okay?"

Leslie: "Yeah I'm fine. You?"

Y/N: "I'm good".

Leslie: "Is everybody okay?"

Y/N: "Zack and two others didn't make it".

Leslie: "Shit".

Y/N: "Come on".

They walk over to where Zack is. They see Joseph there kneeling over him. Y/N walks over to him and puts a hand on his shoulder.

Y/N: "I'm sorry".

Joseph: "He was like a brother to me. He's always been there with me since the beginning. And now... he's gone".

He starts softly crying. Mary comes over to them.

Mary: "Is everybody o-"

She gasps when she see's Zack's body. She walks over to Joseph and they both hug.

Mary: "I'm so sorry Joseph"

Mary starts comforting Joseph.

Leslie: "What are we gonna do?"

Y/N: "We're gonna hit them back"

Leslie: "But we don't even know where they're located".

Y/N: "Well, He ain't here for no reason".

He says pointing to the man that had attacked Leslie earlier. The man was barely starting to wake up.

They walk over to the man. He's looking around while looking worried. He notices Y/N and Leslie walking over to him.

Y/N: "What's your name?"

Man: "Kiss my ass".

Y/N: "Hello kiss my ass. Weird name".

He kicks them man in the face knocking him unconscious.

Y/N: "Take him to the basement. I'm gonna have a talk with him".

Some of the people tie the man up and take him to the basement in Jack's old house.

Leslie: "What are you gonna do to him?"

Y/N: "I'm gonna make him talk. He's gonna tell me where his people are. If he doesn't, then things are gonna get bad for him".

Y/N kisses Leslie in the cheek.

Y/N: "I'll be back".