021

More trouble

Before the men finish boarding the truck, Namjoon and EunMin quickly make their escape, clumsily stumbling back to the car as they rush.

"I'll drive." EunMin says opening the driver's door.

"It's okay," Namjoon says resting his arm on the top of his door, "I can do it." He adds earning a roll of her eyes.

"You are in no condition to drive." She says stepping into the vehicle, followed by Namjoon who slumps on his seat and tries to find a comfortable position, slightly jumping when EunMin harshly steps on the accelerator and takes off.

"EunMin-ah," Namjoon softly calls out after a while of tense silence, "relax a bit, we'll make it."

"Y-yeah," the girl nervously says glancing back through the rear view mirror, "s-sorry." She apologizes letting out a shaky exhale, making Namjoon reach for hand to calm her down.

"Better?" He asks, closing his eyes and leaning his head back.

"Yeah, better." She says with a small smile, her back muscles tensed up until they reach the parking garage of Anpanman.

"We're here." She softly announces, hesitantly shaking Namjoon's shoulder seeing how tired he looks.

"Huh?" Namjoon confusedly says, eyes looking around until he realizes they've arrived at their destination. "Oh. Right. Sorry." He says unbuckling his seatbelt and wiping the small trace of drool on the side of his face as he steps out of the car.

"One and one?" EunMin asks smiling fondly at the sleeping hybrids, to which Namjoon nods gently taking the older one, the young hybrid snuggling closer to him as he carries him inside.

As soon as the detectives step through the door, they are approached by a worried group, who get up from their seats and take the young children from them.

"We were starting to get worried." Hoseok says giving a small smile to cover for his nervousness.

"Sorry." Namjoon says removing his mask slowly which reveal several cuts on his face.

"What happened?" Hoseok asks with a small gasp.

"Um..."Namjoon starts awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck, "I'll explain later okay?"

"Okay." Hoseok says placing an arm under Namjoon's to help him get to the medical room, trying not to look at his friend's injuries as they go.

"What happened?" The hybrid cautiously asks as he watches the detective limp away.

"Nothing big." EunMin reassures with a smile. "Don't worry about it."

"Well, thank you so much for going back for them." The hybrid says smiling at the two younger ones in his arms, EunMin noticing more details about them that she hadn't before.

"Um, I don't want to intrude, but do you mind if I ask, were you born hybrids?" EunMin asks noticing the baby's small ears and tails.

"It's okay, yes we were born hybrids." He answers cooing as the baby stirs in his arms, and the detective's slight sigh does not go unnoticed by him.