Chapter 7 - Is he flirting?

After we finished dinner and I helped Cody clean everything up, I went outside to smoke. Nick and Jaxson immediately laid back on the couch, because they overate themselves. They said the food was too good to just stop because you are full. True, moms cooking does that to you. It was a miracle that Cody and I weren't fat as fuck! 

I closed the terrace door behind me and set on our baby blue bench. Of course now that it was already dark out, I could barely see the beautiful color. It was just so nice out here. There were some fairy lights lit, as always, and I snuggled myself into one of the big cushions of the bench. How was I supposed to quit smoking, when it was so fucking nice and comfortable out here? This was a little piece of heaven.

I pulled the hood from my hoodie up and lit my cigarette. It was only September, so it wasn't too cold outside, which only made the situation even better. For a second, my mind was empty and it felt so fucking good. But that didn't last long. 

If you thought I forgot about the knee incident with Romeo just inside, you are very wrong my friend. It was on my mind the whole dinner. His knee touching my knee and looking into his eyes was... well it was something. 

Although we were both wearing jeans it still felt very intimate. So intimate, that it shut me up the whole dinner while I bit my lip nervously. 

Although he didn't try anything again, I was in constant fear he would. Ok "try something again" is a bit harsh. I mean, our knees just touched. That wasn't that bad, right? It felt intimate but was it? I mean when you like your friends, you could touch their knees right? That didn't mean anything other then that he was ok with my existence, right? Yeah it was totally friendly, not.. flirty or anything. Yeah totally...

And its not like I hated it. Sharing something so electrifying and intimate with Romeo was actually a pretty good and exciting feeling. Scary, but nice. It still confused me tho. I mean, I don't want anything from him, I am not gay. I never desired  any sort of romantic relationship with another guy, I think. So why should this be different? I didn't want to be with Romeo or anything like that. 

But for some reason, I didn't mind him touching me, in fact it shot so electrifying shivers through my entire body, that it felt like I had just been touched by an angel. And that scared me. I didn't want to confront that feeling any longer, as I didn't know what would expect me on the other side. So I locked the thought in the very back of my mind up and tried to think of better things, or maybe even nothing at all. 

My cigarette was already at the end, but as I didn't want to go back in just now, I lit another one. I needed a little time to not think about Romeo and what had happened inside, so I would be ok seeing him again and not overthinking every little shit detail or look he gave me.

I was acting like I was a little girl with a big crush on some celebrity. Just fucking chill. So I closed my eyes for a moment, inhaling the smoke. 

"Can I have one?" 

I jumped around, seeing Romeo leaning against the doorframe. He looked as cool and chill as always, with no readable expression. What was it with this guy? I coughed out the smoke I was still holding in for some reason. He made me forget about it completely. 

"Sure" I said as cool as I could. I offered him my pack and lighter and watched him take it slowly out of my hand. Our hands didn't touch and a feeling of slight disappointment overwhelmed me. I faced the garden again, inhaling my cigarette once more.

I heard the click of the lighter. It all felt like it was going in slow-motion. Suddenly, I felt my foot tap nervously. Stop it! Pull it together for gods sake. Why was my body reaction so strongly all of the sudden?