The Party

'They were liars, all of them.'

Hadrian and Alec stood in front of Malfoy Manor. The distant sounds of ballroom music hummed out into the darkness, the low baritone was deep and hypnotic making the night sky seem infinite. Hadrian was leant up against the large pillar that fronted the house, the marble column was entwined with ivy; it crawled up, snakelike - suffocating the stone. Alec was pacing, Hadrian watched him with a dark gaze, he walked with clenched fists and a tight jaw, his frustration obvious.

"Stop pacing," Hadrian muttered shortly, releasing a breath of smoke.

Alec looked up affronted, his features darkening somewhat at being told what to do. He continued to pace. Back and forth, his long legs pacing three wide strides left before turning and pacing another three. The obvious shit storm that was currently taking place in the deep depths of Alec's mind was starting to stress Hadrian out.

What a total fuck up.

Hadrian killed a fucking Wizard and to make matters even worse the man worked for Dumbledore. Hadrian had no idea if this man was on a independent suicide mission or if he was working for Dumbledore when he met his unfortunate end. If it was the latter, they were completely fucked because if that were the case, Dumbledore would be looking for his man and it wouldn't take long before he would find out the truth. Guilt worked its way up Hadrian's spine.

"Alec," Hadrian muttered darkly.

Alec ignored him and continued to pace, he ran a hand over his face as if to wake himself up from this sordid nightmare. Someone laughed close by causing Hadrian and Alec to twisted around fast. It was a false alarm, the laughter soon faded away and they were alone again. Hadrian brought the cigarette up to his lips, inhaling desperately before blowing it out into the night.

"Alec," Hadrian repeated tightly.

Alec stopped, turning to stare at Hadrian, his dark eyes glinting with inner conflict.

"I know you're angry," Hadrian uttered, annoyed by Alec's pacing.

"I'm not angry, Hadrian. I'm fucking fuming," Alec spoke frustrated, his eyes raging.

Hadrian finished his cigarette and flicked the butt to the ground, stamping it out casually with his foot. He raked a hand through his dark locks, dragging back the strands resulting in a subtle slick-back. Hadrian knew all of this was fucked up - but he didn't know how they were going to get out of this if Dumbledore had sent the man to follow him.

"I didn't know who he was,' Hadrian spoke quietly.

"I still can't believe you fucking shot him," Alec growled, using his tattooed hand to motion a gun, raising it up to his temple.

"Keep your fucking voice down!" Hadrian growled in return, looking around to see if anyone was watching.

No one was around, they were entirely alone. A dark illusory veil encased them together. They were bathed within the darkness which swam around them; embracing, caressing and obscuring their features. Looking on from afar, the intensity of the two young men seemed historical - if time were to fast forward a dozen years from now, this haunted moment would be one to be transferred into a vision of art.

"What are we gonna do?" Alec questioned darkly.

"Lay low, security is crucial right now." Hadrian responded quickly.

"I don't want Dumbledore to hear anything but good shit. We donate to charities, we protect kids from bullies." Hadrian added, watching as Alec's face grew more perplexed.