Book Two: Chapter Ten

After we said our goodbyes, Legolas and I headed off to Mirkwood. For the last few days, my stomach has been giving me trouble. Like right now. The carriage ride wasn't helping either.

"Stop!" I yelled before hopping out of the carriage and running to the bushes to puke. I felt my hair being pulled back as I vomited. When I was finished, I looked over to see a worried Legolas.

"I'm fine," I said before he could say anything and crawled back into the carriage.

***

It seemed like forever, but finally we made it to Mirkwood. I had only heard stories from my mom and from what she said, it was dreary, dark, and dangerous.

Legolas helped me out of the carriage before leading me into a large hall. Sitting in a chair sat a tall blonde haired elf that had a strong resemblance to Legolas.

"My son has come home a hero," he said before hugging him. When they broke apart, Legolas put his arm around my waist.

"Father, this is Arietta, daughter of Adalia. We're together."

"The daughter of Thorin," he said in disgust.

"Yes, the daughter of the noble Thorin Oakenshield."

"Jetta," Thranduil called. "Take Arietta to Legolas's room. Legolas and I need to chat alone." A woman with long white hair lead me down a hallway and into a massive room. Jetta took my hand and sat me down onto the bed.

"I know that you are with child," she said, placing her hand onto my growing stomach. I knew that was why I was sick so often but I was just going to ignore it until I couldn't anymore.

"Do you think that Legolas has suspected anything?"

"Honey, I think he knows. It beginning to really show." I put my head into my hands. If Legolas knows...

Legolas busted into the room with a pained look on his face.

***

Legolas's P.O.V.

"Legolas, I don't want you to marry someone like her," my father said as we walked through the hall.

"But I love her," I replied.

"You can't."

"Well, it's too late because she's carrying my child," I spat before walking away.

***

Thranduil and I managed to avoid each other for a week until he called me into the hall. Oh great. I walked into the hall and stood silently in front of him.

"I want you to explain something to me." I nodded and waited for him to continue.

"How did Legolas fall in love with you?"

"He didn't. I fell in love with him," I said, trying to keep my patience.

"Oh really."

"Yes really. Why can't you accept the fact that we are together?" Pain flashed through his eyes for some odd reason.

"Legolas is the heir to the throne and my only child. I can't lose him," he said quietly.

"Why would you lose him? Just because he's with someone doesn't mean he's leaving." Thranduil studied me for a minute.

"I'll give you my blessing if you promise not to take Legolas or my grandchild away." I nodded, stunned before practically skipping back to my room.

***

For the next month, we planned a wedding for Legolas and I. Thranduil seemed nicer to me since the day that he gave his blessing. As we speak, a dress maker was sewing me a dress that was white with green around the elbow and on my chest.

Legolas walked in and laid down beside me.

"In two days, we'll be officially married," I said happily to him.

"Looks like our future has turned out okay." I nodded and rested my head onto Legolas's chest.

***

I walked down the aisle with a white lilly bouquet and my hair in loose curls. Legolas was waiting for me in the front, smiling. This was the start of my life in Mirkwood and the end of my journey.

 This was the start of my life in Mirkwood and the end of my journey