30. yogurt and bananas

taehyung woke up, swaddled in the bathrobe with morning light streaming in through the window.

"you're up," fully awake jungkook says as he stands up from the floor, spinning unfamiliar car keys on his finger. "we're leaving now."

taehyung can't be bothered to act angry, so he just sat up.

"i'm not driving a stolen car this time," jungkook smirked, making taehyung smile despite his morning grumpiness.

taehyung wasn't sure what he did last night. he knew he wanted to do it for a couple of days now, but that was just fantasizing. jungkook didn't mention it yet, so taehyung figured they would just forget about it.

"last night—"

sHiT NO FUCKCJSJ, taehyung internally screamed as he jumped up and started desperately apologizing to jungkook.

"woah, calm down," jungkook laughed concernedly. "i was going to ask you if you slept alright."

"oh, um, okay," taehyung mumbled softly, scratching the back of his neck, slightly embarrassed that he overreacted.

jungkook nodded, staring at the keys. "i'll be downstairs."

taehyung stood powerlessly watching as jungkook left, then he went to the bathroom and washed his face and combed his hair.

he grabbed his plates and fanta can (he could probably never have orange flavoured things now without remembering kissing jungkook) and headed downstairs.

jin was waiting for him and kindly took his dishes and giggled that taehyung's only belonging was just the windbreaker, so he told him to wait a moment.

when he came back, he brought two sweaters, a white plush one and a black turtleneck, and gave them to taehyung, along with new socks and underwear.

taehyung chatted while jin insisted that he have breakfast, which was yogurt and bananas. taehyung couldn't help but smile because this morning felt so nice.

"what are jungkook's hostages normally like?" taehyung said, licking his spoon.

"old and ugly," jin laughed, leaning over the giant kitchen counter. "and you're not exactly a hostage."

taehyung looked down at his empty bowl and forced a smile. "okay."

jungkook was outside in the courtyard talking to hoseok, who was still in his pajamas. taehyung didn't really want to interrupt their conversation, so jin guided him to the car that he was allowing jungkook to borrow; a shiny black cadillac.

taehyung placed his new clothes in a pile on the hood, and then stood patiently waiting for jungkook, admiring the clouds in the sky.

but when jungkook came to the car, taehyung was gone.