Book Three: Chapter Eight

Let me just say this: We did NOT consummate our love. After only three kisses, I was already causing him to black out.

"Lady Kaelen! Lady Kaelen!" the same maid from yesterday yelled, coming up to me in a long hallway.

"Calm down," I told her. She looked down at my shoes sheepishly. "What is it?"

"Uh, er, well..." I rolled my eyes at her.

"What is it?" I asked impatiently. She pointed out of the window, showing creatures so evil that even Sauron would blanch in their presence. Even worse, they were in formations.

"What are they?" I'm pretty sure that they weren't orcs or even Uruk-Hai.

"They don't have a name they are that evil. That's what I was warning you about." Without a word, I ran through the hallways and down to the main hall. In it they had spears pointed at Aragorn, Norian, and Faradrim. My running had caught their attention. Another bad thing? They were scary to even look upon.

I cautiously pulled out one of the knifes attached to my leg, aiming it at the leader or so I assumed.

"Do you speak English," I said slowly. The leader hissed, probably saying no.

"Okay then. I'm going to kill you. Can you understand that?"

"I. Can. Speak. English. You. Stupid. Girl," he said, treating me as if I was stupid. I backed up slightly.

"Listen to me. Clearly." I nodded. "If you come with us willingly, I will spare your friends and family." I looked over at my companions who clearly thought that this was a bad idea.

"Why do you need me?" I questioned.

"You will know soon enough. But only if you decide to come with us." I dropped my knife as if I was controlled by someone else, getting a protest from Faradrim. I held up my hand to silence him. It didn't.

"They'll rape you or abuse your power! You can't go!" he yelled at me, struggling against Aragorn and Norian's hold. I walked up in front of the leader orc.

"Let's go!" he shouted. I felt a sharp poke in my back that prodded me along. As we continued along, the sun met the horizon then the army stopped. The Orcs set up camp, some with tents, others just on the ground. I looked around for my own place.

"You'll be sleeping with me," the leader said to me.

"Not until I know your name," I replied. He hissed in annoyance.

"Acheron. Now get moving." I did, climbing into the biggest tent. He undressed and that's when I noticed that he wasn't ugly. He was wearing an orc face, and some kind other kind of skin which he took off to reveal a seriously smooth chest and handsome face. Noticing me staring, he spoke.

"Don't get your hopes up, girl. The others are really as ugly as they seem."

"Why do you wear all that fake stuff? Is it to feel superior?" In a flash, he had me on my back, tugging at the strings on my dress.

"See? I'm still superior without all this." When he let me up, I scooted as far away from him as I could. Noticing this, a smug grin grew on his face.

"Smart girl. Now get undressed." I nodded, undoing the already loose string on my dress, pulling it off. I then slung it to the side. I still had a slip underneath, though.

"Go to sleep," he ordered harshly before turning his back to me.

*