Book Three: Chapter Thirteen

My father and I went and talked about the baby. Apparently my mother had already told him what his part in this was. He was to give total parenthood to Acheron and I as if we actually were the parents. Dad didn't seem angry. He was more relieved, actually.

I took Amity to my room were Acheron was already lounging. She started crying suddenly and I sighed in annoyance. I checked her diaper and tried rocking her but she wouldn't stop.

"I think she's hungry," Acheron said quietly. I wanted to smack him for being so obvious but he didn't mean it in a bad way. He was just commenting.

I sat down onto the bed and untied my dress. Then I slid the strap of my slip down until my breast was exposed. I brought her up to my nipple and instinctively, she began sucking.

"Do you think that she's getting any milk yet?" I asked Acheron.

"I doubt it. But hopefully she'll get something soon. Too bad they didn't hide a cow in the bedroom." I smiled, caressing Amity's forehead. She stopped sucking then and closed her eyes. I looked down, seeing that I did produce at least some milk. Wow, that was fast.

"I did it," I said, pointing at my breast. He shook his head at me before pulling up my slip. I pretended to act offended.

"I'm really that unattractive that you really don't want to see me exposed?"

"Oh, you're attractive, alright. Even more so when you look like a mother. But your nipple is probably sore and me having the desire to have a go at it might not be a good idea," he said, tying my dress. He then leaned back. I followed suit, putting Amity between us but not smothering her.

"How will I be able to fight with a baby?" I questioned, looking down at the infant's soft features.

"Strap her to your back." I slapped him playfully.

"Be serious."

"I am."

I sighed. He was being so annoying. "What if we had a child of our own?"

He coughed loudly, sitting up. "Children? Didn't you here the nurse? Conception between us is impossible."

"I know. It was a rhetorical question. Do you want children?" I asked.

"I did. But I can't now."

"We have Amity, now," I pointed out. He snickered.

"It's different. Yeah, I'll treat her like she was my own daughter but it's different when she comes from your own seed. The woman you love is carrying that piece of you and all you want to do is protect the both of them." I put the back of my hand to his cheek.

"We should try for a baby. I figure, we do have some odds at least and if we try the next few years, I'm bound to get pregnant," I saw nonchalantly. He smirked, picking up Amity and setting her in a basket that I keep my extra blankets in. Then he came back to me, practically ripping my clothes off. I can't say that I was very gentle with his clothes either.

With my legs spread out, he pushed into me. A look of pain came across his face.

"Should we stop?" I asked. He shook his head then began rhythmically moving in and out. Then he became faster as he neared climax. I arched my own back, showing that I was getting close as well. After a few minutes, I felt him release. He went for a few more seconds until I did then pulled out, lying on his back, breathless.

"That was, ah..." he said trailing off.

"Would the word you are searching for be amazing?" I asked.

"I would use a more powerful word but yeah." I chuckled, rolling over and snuggling in closer to him.