15.

Dave

"We need you." I heard Ry say. But I couldn't respond to ask her what she meant. I heard her crying and my heart broke into a million pieces. I never wanted to be the reason she cried and lately I have been the reason. I felt her move my hand and place it on her stomach, it kinda felt hard. And that's when I dawned on me, she was pregnant. I didn't wanna find out my girl was pregnant like this.
I heard the door open and realized that it was Brooke and Ghost.
"You told him sis?" Ghost asked. I heard Ry sigh, "Yeah. I just wish I told him earlier, when I could get a reaction." she never let go of my hand.
"I feel you but I know my nigga happy, I called his grandma and she on her way. She booked the closest flight so she'll be here in a few hours." Chris said. I felt Ryan tense up, I guess from her now being nervous to meet my grandma. I been telling her about Ry so she's familiar wit who she is. I just ain't want them to meet like this. I knew I had to get my shit together now that I had a lil one on the way.

Ryan

We had been at the hospital for hours, Dave's grandma came and she was nice. I didn't tell her about me being pregnant cause we were all worried about Dave. The nurse came in to check on him a few times, Ghost had left to go handle business and Brooke went to go get me some clothes for me to take a shower as well as bringing me some food. Wasn't much open at 2am so I decided on McDonald's. I felt myself growing tired but I didn't wanna miss anything. His grandmother was on the couch sleep. I told her I'll wake her up if anything changed. I was still next to Dave's bed holding his hand. I prayed about 100 times tonight and I looked at his handsome face and sighed. "Please." I said kissing his hand and holding it close to me.
I felt my stomach rumble and on cue Brooke walked in with food for me and Miss Caroline. "Thank you sis." I said grabbing the bag from her as she sat down.
"How about you go home and get some rest." she suggested but I quickly shook my head no. "I'll be fine." I said with a forced smile. I know I needed sleep but I didn't want to leave him.
"Ryan go home and get some rest, I'll stay here and call you if anything changes." I sighed knowing she wouldn't drop it. "Alright. Promise you'll call?" I asked letting Dave's hand go and standing up stretching my tensed muscles. "I promise."
I nodded grabbing my things and my food, Brooke and I said our goodbyes. I went to Dave's side and kissed him on the forehead. "I love you." I mumbled only for us to hear.
I made my way to the door and looked back at him, I proceeded to walk out.
When I made it to my car, I got in and started the car. "Lord please let him be okay." I said pulling out the parking garage. I ate my food on the way home before it got cold. I was home in about 5 minutes and when I pulled up I sighed. I cut the engine off and got out. My phone rung and I quickly grabbed it and it was unknown number so when I answered it I kept it simple. "Hello?" I said into the phone. "Is this Ryan?" I frowned,"uh yes may I ask who's calling?"
The phone went dead letting me know whoever it was hung up.
"Okay?" I said walking in the house closing and locking the door behind me. I got my stuff together for a shower and went to the bathroom. My whole body ached from sitting in that chair for hours. I started the shower and stripped out my clothes. I stood in the mirror and took a good look. I definitely had a pudge, I felt on my stomach and smiled. I got in the shower and let the hot water hit my skin instantly relaxing me. I washed my body and stood under the water just collecting my thoughts. I was snapped out of them when my phone rung again. I turned off the shower and quickly got out careful not to slip and fall, it was Brooke. "Hello?" I said into the phone.
"He's up!" I hung up in her face and quickly got dressed. I rushed to the hospital and quickly checked in giving the receptionist my name. When I made it to his room I was completely out of breath, his head snapped up and looked at me. "Grandma, Brooke can y'all give us a second?" he said.
They both got up and walked out, when she door was closed he called me over towards him.
"Come here." I walked towards him and now was standing directly next to him. I was nervous as to what he was about to say.
He scooted over and patted next to him. This was probably against the rules but oh well, I climbed in the bed after kicking my shoes off. His hands found their way to my stomach, he lifted my shirt. "Why didn't you tell me before?" he asked. I kept quiet cause I honestly didn't have an answer.
He placed his hand on my stomach and smiled. "Ry?" he said quietly. "huh?"
"Move in wit me." he simply said but I was thrown off.
"But we're not together Dave.." I said hoping I wouldn't make him upset. He chuckled before speaking,"we are now. You carrying my seed, you fasho stuck wit me now." he said jokingly but I could tell he meant it. I laughed and looked up at him, we both leaned in and our lips connected. He grabbed my leg pulling me on top of him,"shit." he said wincing in pain. "Oh my god I'm sorry." I said getting down fixing my clothes. There was a knock on the door,"we'll be running a few more tests, you should be released tomorrow morning." the doctor said to Dave.
"And you are?" he asked focusing his attention on me.
"My wife." Dave said slightly interrupting me. I was taken away from his statement, cause we both knew that was far from the truth.
"Well Mrs. Brewster your husband will be released tomorrow, I'll need you to sign some paper work." he said with a smile and headed out. When he left I looked at Dave,"My wife? That was cute."
He shrugged,"Well I'm just practicing for the future." I smiled and sat down as Miss C and Brooke walked back in. A few minutes went by and there was a knock on the door, Ghost and some other guy came in. He stood at about 6'2 covered in tattoos and he had shades on so I couldn't see his eyes.
"Wassup brodie." the guy said dapping Dave up.
"Wassup nigga." Dave said back with a grin.
"Hey ladies. I'm August." he said greeting me, Brooke, and Miss C. We all spoke back, as the boys held a small conversation amongst each other. I smiled at the sight of my man with his real friends.

August "Baby" Alsina Jr. (23)

 (23)