Establishing dominance

"How many people live here?" Senku asked.
"I forgot the number of kids and elders, but I think there's about 40." Kohaku replied.
'40?!' you looked over to Senku, who seemed just as shocked as you. "Was there maybe a first generation of de-petrified people?" you quietly asked him.
He shook his head.
"No, they clearly don't know about modern civilization. But then, where do they come from? And how did they get here...?"

Your conversation stopped at those questions, you figured it was going to stay a mystery for a while.

You and Senku followed Kohaku and were about to step on the bridge when suddenly two shadows jumped towards you. Senku, who was in front of you, took a step back and pushed you away. But Kohaku made them back off before they could touch either of you.
"Stop this violence, Kinrou, Ginrou!" she shouted. "Those two saved my life!"
"Come on Kohaku, you know we can't do that." one, long blonde hair covering one of his green eyes, said. "Outsiders aren't allowed in the village, you'll anger the chief."
"I'll put it simply:" the other, taller with short brown hair. "rules are rules."
"There are no human outside the village." Ginrou continued. "Therefore any outsiders must be criminals who were banned in the past."
"So we can't let them in." Kinrou added. "Weither they saved your life or not, we can't make exceptions."

You put your hands on your hips.
"And here I thought they'd be the kind who'd be ecstatic to see humans outside of their village." you said to yourself.
"Then there's no avoiding it." Kohaku smiled, a menacing vibe emanating from her. "You're going to fight me? Here and now? Oh no, I'm trouble. Two against one? You two totally have the advantage."

The two guards took a step back, totally intimidated by her. Kohaku must really be a gorilla then, even in her village.
'Yeah there's no way I'm saying this out loud.' you pursued your lips, not wanting the situation to get any more tense.

"Kukuku!" you look towards Senku, who just walked up to the jar of water. "This whole situation is ready to blow. And that's a scaaaary face she's making to top it all."
He took the soap and put water on it, creating foam. You narrowed your eyes, wondering what he was planning. He then made a circle with his fingers and blew through them, making bubbles.

'I get what he's doing.' you thought as you watched them float in the air. 'But there's no way it's going to work.'
You smiled and looked back and the two guards, who were baffled. Kinrou tried to stabbed one with his spear, only to get startled once it popped off. You laughed, sorry to have doubted Senku.
"What are these strange flying pearls?!" Ginrou asked, shaking with his eyes full of tears.
"Uuuuh?" Senku picked his ear, while you put a hand on his shoulder for support 'cause your stomach hurt watching them. "You're not even at that level?"
"Ah~! This is awesome!" you stood up, smiling and wiping a tear away.

"Kukuku!" Senku's expression turned into an evil-looking smirk. "Fine then! I'll take the whoooole lot. With science, I'll get 40 people's worth of manpower, and make them all my allies! Now this is exiting!"
"Speaking of scary faces," Kohaku said. " I think yours tops them all."
"Yeah man, totally!" you said with a bright smile, both of you ignoring her comment. "Give me ten!"
You raised your hands and in the heat of the moment, you both high-fived, you giggling happily, him cackling neferiously.
"They're emanating two completely different energies." she mumbled. "I don't know if it's uncanny or cute..."

"Anyway," she said. "if that's your plan then to start, you should meet Chrome."
"Who's that?" Senku asked.
"He's quite the useful man." she smiled. "But most importantly, he's the most lax."

"Senku, can we please blow some more bubbles at them?" you asked. "It's just too good!"
He chuckled.
"Sure we can!"
He then blew more bubbles at their faces. And they kept being powerless upon the mighty power of basic hygiene.
"We can't do a thing to these pearls!" Ginrou said. "Even when we try to stab them, they just multiply!" he wore a graver expression. "There's no choice! I'll have to use my secret technique! Leave it to someone else!"
And with that, he started running the opposite way, making you laugh harder.
"We've got a sorcerer here Chrome~!" he cried for help.

"Hey! Don't be alarmed." you heard a voice. "I'm already prepared."
You all turned towards the voice. A boy with spiky brown hair was standing there, full of confidence.
"I saw those things floating and I came here running." he adjusted his hair and made a pose. "I'm Chrome! And I'm about to blow your mind! I'm the genius sorcerer!" he pointed at himself with his thumb.
"Ooo! I like him already!" you enthusiastically whispered to Senku.

He has never seemed so unimpressed.
"Sure buddy." he picked his ear. "I'm Senku, a scientist. And this is (Y/n), a musician."
You frowned, taken aback by that introduction.
"Oh I wouldn't...really call myself that-."
"Kinrou! Ginrou!" Chrome looked at the two guards, ignoring your mumbling. "Don't be frightened by these cheap tricks! Hah!" he shouted as he popped the bubbles one by one. "I can easily make those with charcoal lye!"
Hearing that seemed to have picked Senku's interest.

"I wasn't frightened. I was just confused by seeing something out of my range of knowledge." Kinrou defended himself.
"I was just straight up frightened." Ginrou said.
"Well at least you're honest about it." you shrugged.
"What did you come here for?" Kinrou asked him. "I don't plan to rely on the likes of your suspicious sorcery Chrome."
"That doesn't concern me, do whatever you want!" he said.

In one smooth move, he removed his cape.
"But this one is one thing I won't back down from!" he pointed at Senku. "I challenge you to a duel! I never lose when it comes to sorcery!"

As the two opponents stared at each-other, you lightly clapped your hands, exited for this little science-duel.