o n e ☆

From this chapter forward, any chapter that has been added or edited with considerable changes will have a star in the title

f i f t h y e a r.

1 9 9 3.

"I am just so excited that you're becoming a professor this year. Maybe we will actually learn something from someone who isn't obsessed with themselves or possessed by You-Know-Who" Persephone said, as her father levitated both his and his daughters trunk towards the door of their cozy Brighton apartment. Her Dad, Remus Lupin, smiled back at her.

"Well I don't exactly think Gilderoy Lockhart is going to be much competition." he chuckled, putting down his wand.

She shot back a grin in response, before moving towards her trunk and ensuring everything was adequately organised inside. Persephone couldn't contain her excitement with the prospect of beginning her fifth year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. The beginning of exams and maturity and coming of age.

Lupin looked down at the newest Daily Prophet, laying abandoned on the dining table. His eyes soon glazed over with a look of serious discontent and sadness, one that his daughter recognised immediately. The headings about his old best friend, the mass murderer, were virtually inescapable. Covering every Prophet, all muggle news outlets, was the constant reminder of the night in which he lost his four best friends.

"Are you ready to get going?" he asked, gathering his robes together and avoiding her eyes. Scooping up her grey cat Salem, she nodded and headed for the doorway, but not before she hugged him tightly, whispering in his embrace, "They will catch him Dad, don't worry about me." Lupin looked down at her, so happy that he got a daughter like her, and hugged her a little tighter than usual.

They were quite early when they got to Kings Cross Station, both Father and daughter agreeing that they would rather get there early then be stuck in a bad compartment or be stressed trying to enter the platform. Only few families bustled around platform 9 3/4's, children saying last minute goodbyes to their parents and siblings, talking about the upcoming year, being warned to be careful of Sirius Black, the heartless supporter of He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named.

"Thank you for coming early Persi" he said, pausing to look at the nostalgic view of the cherry red coloured Hogwarts Express, "I am going to sit in the old Marauders compartment, really reminisce on the whole 'back at Hogwarts' experience".

Persephone started to giggle, "Okay Professor." She could see her friends arrive in her peripheral, waiting patiently behind the pair.

Remus Lupin pulled her in for another quick hug, pulling an item out of his pocket in the process and slipping it into the hands of his daughter. "All this 'professor' stress almost made me forget your perfect prefect present. But time to go nab this compartment before any sneaky first years snatch it!"

Letting out a laugh and a call of "Goodbye", she grinned as her Dad made his way onto the train, darting past a group of second year Slytherins in order to get on first. She looked at what he had in her hands, and should have known. The purple and gold foil revealing a bar on Honeydukes chocolate. 

Typical. 

She slipped it into the pocket of her denim jacket, and turned to face her Hufflepuff friends. 

"Well wasn't that just adorable" stated Cedric, pulling his best friend in an almost bone-breaking hug. She wrapped her arms tightly around his neck, thankful to be reunited with the almost brother-like figure. "Now shut up Cedric, he's just excited to be back at his old school."

Another pair of arms wrapped around her waist, pulling her away from Cedric's grasp. "You saw her the other day Ced! I know you're an only child but you need to learn to share, I haven't seen her in a week and half." Klara whined, flicking her long brown hair over her shoulder as she hugged Persephone.