[ Sanemi x Reader ]

Requested by @_Azeire_

Your P.O.V

Now, where do I start with this...Ah! How about introducing my long-time crush! Sanemi Shinazugawa. His looks and actions are so cool! But I'm sure he already knows that he's the coolest pillar ever! And speaking of pillars, I'm his subordinate. Perhaps that's why we're so close... is what I'd like to say but we're not close at all. He's very cold towards me yet I still keep falling for him every single day.

I gave him compliments, presents, letters, jewelry. I baked for him for I am known to be a good baker. I even sew him sweaters! Sadly everything ended up in the trash-bag as you'd expect. At first, I thought those gifts weren't good enough for someone as awesome as him, but everyone insisted I don't give up so easily...I still try hard every single day but he still keeps his distance from me.

But today's the day! I have a plan! It's not gonna be easy but...I'll be the one to make the first move.

"Sanemi-Senpai!" I yelled cheerfully. I could hear him mumble something under his breath before saying "What is it, dumbass?" I flinched at his words a little bit, but not enough to make him notice. "Well, you see. Since today you and I both have a day off-" I couldn't even finish my sentence as he spoke "No. I'm not going anywhere with you. Get off my back, moron." He started walking away. Leaving me with those harsh words I never expected to hear. My smile faded away but I wasn't going to give up just yet!

"Now, please wait just a minute!" If I can't get him to spend his day off with me. We could at least train together, not that he needed any training. He stopped walking and yelled, "WHY DO YOU KEEP INSISTING ON BEING FRIENDS WITH ME?!" My eyes widened and I could feel my hopes crashing down. He now was looking at me with hatred in his eyes. "Understand, that I don't want you to be anywhere near me! I'm not your guardian angel to look after someone as untalented as you! You're nothing but an extra. I wouldn't mind sacrificing you to the demons." I could hear the gasps of other pillars. Who would've thought he'd say something like that?

Am I doing something wrong? Is my voice annoying? Is my face annoying? Are my praises and gifts annoying? Am I just for show? I gulped and looked down. "All I want from you is your..." I couldn't bring myself to say It. He just broke my heart. I mean...Sacrifice me to the demons? Even though we're trying to save humans from those cruel and ruthless creatures? I couldn't take it anymore so I started running back home with tears in my once shiny (E/C) eyes. They were now full of tears filled with sadness and love for the man. Even after those horrible words, I couldn't bring myself to hate him. After all, he was the one who saved my life and my family. The only people I ever truly cared about.

Sanemi's P.O.V

"That's a low blow even for someone like you." Said Giyuu accompanied by Shinobu "All the poor girl wanted was to spend time with you. And all your talk about sacrificing her to the demons should strip you of the tile 'Hashira'." After semi-scolding me she ran after (Y/N) I hear they're good friends.

Why should I even care about her feelings or the title? I only kill demons because I don't want them to kill me or my brother. And her feelings and thoughts about me are irrelevant to me. She's nothing more than a nuisance.

"Say, Sanemi. Have you read at least one of the letters she gave you? Have you ever opened the boxes of presents she gave you?" Asked Giyuu. "'Course not, moron. Why should I waste my time on something as stupid as she is?" I replied almost instantly. Giyuu only sighed and looked away. "Well, maybe you should take those letters out of the trash-bag and read some If not all of them. As well as those presents. Perhaps you should unwrap them?" After finishing his lecture he disappeared.