CHAPTER 3

"Oh God! Please kill me before this world humiliates me." Ashlyn sighed slumping into couch.

"This is disaster, but praying to God for taking your life is not going to help," Chris scowled in her direction.

For the last few days both Chris and Ashlyn had been busy auditioning new models for their fashion show, but none of them were suitable. Some of the models were too clingy and annoying that they were ready to do anything to be the face of new brand. Some didn't care about the fashion show and had lots of demands. In other words, either they were too excited to be linked to the brand or showed no concern at all.

"Oh yeah! I bet you enjoyed this audition so much. At least, air head barbie dolls were interested in you."

"What can I say. After all I'm handsome. Ladies can't resist me; they fantasize this face." Chris gestured to his face with a big cocky smirk on his lips.

Ash rolled her eyes at her brother. She knew it was pointless to argue with him as he knew he had killer looks. Most of the models showed way to much interest, it was also one of the reasons that they didn't short listed any of the girls. Last thing they wanted was another model trying to get in bed with the boss. Ashlyn shuddered at the thoughts of models and her brother. She wanted to hit him and gave him blue eye to make him look less handsome.

"You guys need rest or should I send the last girl," Crystal entered before Ashlyn could act upon her thought.

"No, just two minutes before we meet another model, and then I think we should retire for the day," he smiled at his little sister. Crystal was a life saver; she offered to help Chris as an assistant since he was firing every other girl without any strong reason. And also she had some time before her school started, she could get taste of work environment.

"No, we are not going to call it a day. We need a model. If I didn't get any, I will make you catwalk in that dress," Ashlyn pointed her finger in his direction.

An image of him in an evening gown appeared in front of his eyes, and he shuddered at this thought.

"In your dreams, Nutjob."

"Dreams do come true, Goofball," she retorted.

They were trying to provoke each other with their childhood names. Both Chris and Ashlyn loved to pick fights with each other for any useless reason. And Crystal was always the neutral party between them.

Crystal rounded his desk and opened the top drawer and took a Skittles pack out. While she was busy opening the pack, Chris was looking at her with wide eyes, and a dumbfounded look on his face. It's been just less than a week, and his sister started hiding Skittles in his desk drawers. He shook his head. He wasn't paying any attention to his surroundings. Someone might murder someone in front of his eyes, he wouldn't pay any attention. His mind was occupied. He groaned in frustration.

His groaning caught girls' attention. Ashlyn simply ignored him, she didn't want to deal with moody Chris. But Crystal stared at him while putting a candy in her mouth.

She kept on staring at him, and he eyed the candy packet in her hand.

"What? I'm not going to share these with you. Besides, I'm your sister, so I can put some of my stuff in your drawers," she smiled at him cheekily.

Her cute little smile made him relax a bit; she had this calming aura around her.

 Chris got up from his chair to stretch his limbs. Then he went to Crystal and took the candies from her. She protested a little and got up to snatch the pack, but her height was big disadvantage.