CHAPTER TWENTY

"YOU SHOULD have let me do it," she sighed

                    "YOU SHOULD have let me do it," she sighed. Danielle and Dean both sat by one another at the end of the bed. Dean was now dressed instead of relaxing in that hotel bathrobe. He glanced toward the female in surprise, eyebrows raised. "You know how to play poker?" he asked incredulously. His answer was clear as he noticed the color building against her olive skin. "No, but he's my dad. We may have split up and lost our way, but I still love him. I should have been the one to risk my life for him, you know?" Dean felt his heart clench in his chest painfully. He placed his old, wrinkled hand against her thigh, the pressure firm.

          A grimace appeared on her face as she glanced down at his appendage. "Dude, you're seventy. This ship has way past sailed," she joked. Though he felt offended, he couldn't stop himself from smiling. "You don't have to do everything yourself, you know. You've got me and Sam.. We're your family now," he explained with a soft smile. Danielle held her breath for a moment. She had never felt as if she had a real family, not until she met her two best friends; the two best friends she abandoned, one left in a grave. She felt the pressure start to build behind her eyes until, finally, tears escaped.

Dean gasped silently and took her face within his hands. "Are you okay? Did I– Did I say something wrong?" His heart raced the moment her eyes met his, the whites already beginning to turn pink as tears shimmered in her eyes. She held in a breath before releasing a soft laugh. "I can't take you seriously while you look like this," she admitted. "Ask me that same question once you're back to being you, okay?" She stood, wiped the water from her face, and made way for the door.

          "And what if I can't get back?" She glanced over her shoulder, surprised at his question. "You will. I believe in you." She slipped out the door to join Sam and Bobby, leaving a blushing Dean who felt like his heart racing was a heart attack.

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

Chapter Twenty:" THE CURIOUS CASEOF DEAN WINCHESTER:PART THREE " ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Chapter Twenty:
" THE CURIOUS CASE
OF DEAN WINCHESTER:
PART THREE "

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛