Chapter 2: Family issues

The first week of school passed by way too quickly for Seungmin's liking. It was Sunday and the redhead was at home, laying on his bed and staring at the dark ceiling of his room. The vampires didn't figure out that the prank with the pink substance was Jisung and him. He made sure of that, just like he promised Jisung. He wasn't one to go back on his word after all.

The redhead was bored out of his mind and when Seungmin was bored he got ideas for tones of pranks he could pull on any person. He smirked at an idea he just had.

"Seungmin get down to the entrance hall. Now", the boy heard his mother yell not very happily. Immediately the smirk on his face had disappeared and was replaced with a stone cold expression. He sat up and looked at his dark brown room door. Did he really want to face his mother right now?

"Seungmin!" she yelled again but this time it sounded like he was fuming, which made Seungmin flinch. He had no choice then, so he stood up and walked to his door. He hesitated for a short second and tried to think of a way to escape his mother's wrath but then he shook his head and left his room. He walked down the gigantic corridor's of his home to the stairs, which lead down to the entrance hall. The stairs looked like they were cut out of the renaissance. They were pretty wide and made of beautiful dark marble. Seungmin had always liked running theses stairs up and down ever since he was little but right now he couldn't feel the happiness from those days. The moment Seungmin spotted his mother waiting at the end of those stairs with some of his other family members he knew something was up. The thought, that a certain someone was coming home was the only thing that came into the mind of the young male, letting his mod drop a bit more.

The redhead walked down the stairs and was immediately pulled to the side by his mother in a not so friendly manner. His mother was a rather tall, curvy woman with long blood red hair and red eyes. On top of her head were a pair of pitch black horns, which curved themselves upwards. Between those horns was a little crown made of black thorns, making it obvious that she belonged to royalty. Not the good kind of royalty though because Seungmin's mother was non other than Lilith, the queen of hell and the metaphorical mother to all demons.

Lilith laid her hands on Seungmin's shoulders, making the boy look to the ground almost instantly, when he glimpsed at the long black nails of his mother. If someone thought those nails were just for the look, they were wrong. Seungmin knew the sharpness of them himself.

While the boy stood there, hoping his mother wouldn't dig her nails into his shoulder out of anger, he thought about the possible reasons for this little family gathering. He had a very strong suspicion on why they all had to come here but to prove that he was right Byungho also needed to be here. He carefully looked up to search for his older brother and found him not shortly after that.

Byungho stood beside his own mother. A beautiful woman with blond hair and blue eyes. Yes, Byungho and Seungmin were half brothers. They had the same father but a different mother but they still lived in the same house.

Getting a glimpse of Byungho reminded Seungmin that he didn't see his older brother with whom he shared both parents. He looked to his both sides but saw no one there. He didn't want to ask his mother and he couldn't ask Byungho because he was too far away but he didn't need to stress anymore when he heard someone walk down the stairs. The redhead looked in the direction of the noise and saw his older brother, Wonpil. The older smiled lightly as Seungmin and his eyes met. Like Seungmin the older had natural blood red hair, which they both inherited from their mother but their dark eyes were from their father. Wonpil was pulled next to Seungmin by their mother.

"Be on your best behavior, you two", the woman hissed and both of her sons answered with a simple nod. Seungmin had his eyes glued to the floor again. Now that everyone seemed to be here Seungmin was sure that the reason for this gathering was his father's return from his long trip to the south. The redhead hated it when his father came home and he hated his father but well a lot of people did. He was the devil after all but the absolute worst about him was that he let his wife, his ex-wife and his girlfriend live under one roof with his children. His ex-wife was Seungmin and Wonpil's mother Lilith who reigned over hell with him, his current wife was Byungho's mother Eve, a pretty strong angel, and his girlfriend was a female warlock named Athea who also had a son from him named Minseok but he preferred to be called Woosu because it was a lot easier for him that way. He was eighteen years old, meaning just a years older than Seungmin but unlike the rest of his siblings he was homeschooled by his mother.