Chapter 5: Jisung and visions

It was Thursday when it began to snow. It covered Yellow Wood under a light white blanket of snow over night, which let some creatures wish they had taken out their winter coats sooner. Jisung was walking on his own to school because Seungmin kind of ditched him because he said that he needed to prove something and just ran off leaving the blue-haired warlock by himself. He was kind of used to Seungmin doing this but that didn't mean he was okay with it. It sometimes really hurt to be just ditched by your best friend.

"Hello, squirrel", he heard a voice beside his ear and he immediately jumped to the side in fright. It must have been Jisung's luck because he also tripped and nearly fell onto the cold, snowy ground but someone kept him from it by grabbing his hand and pulling him up, holding him until he regained his balance. Jisung looked at the person, who had caused his fall but also saved him from hitting the ground. It was non other than Lee Minho.

"Minho-hyung you scared me and when will you stop calling me squirrel?", the warlock complained and lightly hit the older's shoulder in protest. Minho just laughed as response. It sounded sincere and honest and cute, which made Jisung seriously debate between hitting Minho again for laughing or internally dying because his laugh was adorable and he looked so much more handsome while he was laughing even though that sounded funny.

It took Jisung a little too long to decide because Minho slowly stopped laughing and started to smirk because the younger was kind of staring at him. "Like what you see, cutie?", he teased. Jisung looked away immediately. "Nope", he answered while trying very hard to hide his slowly rising blush by just walking a bit faster. He hadn't know Minho for too long but sometimes the cat hybrid called him cutie randomly and he had no idea how to react to that or even how to interpret it but the warlock also questioned why Minho managed to always catch him off guard.

"Are you blushing, squirrel?" Minho teased Jisung again, matching his faster easily. The warlock hit his shoulder again. "I'm not blushing, not even remotely", the blue-haired male denied, crossing his arms over his chest and looking to the ground. He was obviously lying but when Minho would continue teasing him he would make the cold responsible for his rosy cheeks but the cat hybrid just laughed again, which only made it harder for Jisung to hide that he was flustered.

After a while of just walking beside each other, Jisung noticed that Felix was nowhere to be seen. Normally Minho and Felix went nearly everywhere together like they were connected by the hip. "Where is Felix? Is he sick or something?", he asked Minho, looking at the older. "Oh, he caught a cold. Nothing too serious, happens every year around this time", Minho answered casually, seemingly being not very worried about his younger brother. The blue-haired warlock made an "Oh" sound. "I hope he gets well soon", he added, looking back at the way ahead but still glancing at Minho for a short moment. "Me too. A sick Felix is a very clingy Felix", Minho agreed, chuckling a little bit. Jisung couldn't help but laugh a little too.

The two continued to talk about random things until they reached the school building and had to part ways to go to their classes. If Jisung was honest with himself if Minho didn't tease him he really liked talking with the older male. It was different when he talked with Seungmin since they alway goofed around or planned a new prank but with Minho he could just talk over things that randomly came to his mind and the older would listen with an adorable little smile on his face like he was really interested in the things Jisung told him.

When Jisung arrived at the classroom Seungmin was already seated at his spot, talking with Hyunjin and Jeongin a little bit. Jisung just join them, greeting all three with a little smile while ignoring the feeling of being replaced, which loomed over his heart like a curse. Seungmin would never replace him. They had been friends for far to long.

At break Jisung, Seungmin, Hyunjin and Jeongin met up with Chan, Byungho and Minho, who were already seated at the table they usually sat at when the younger four arrived. Jisung sat down next to Minho for once because Felix wasn't here, leaving the spot to Minho's right free.