19.) Movie Premiers

“Have I mentioned that I’m nervous?” I squeaked in the limo.

Everyone gave me an amused smile. We were sitting in the large limo that seated all three Wests, Jackson, Tommy, and me, and we were parked right in front of the red carpet that led into the building where the premier was being held. Ropes were surrounding the isle and it was being swallowed by screaming teenage girls, flashing cameras, and reporters. I nervously clutched Kale’s hand in mine, I was surprised that I wasn’t crushing his hand.

“Only about a few hundred times.” Ryder teased.

If I wasn’t trembling with nerves, I would have stuck my tongue out at him. This Halloween premier was a lot bigger than I’d first anticipated, and camera flashes were flying around. I could hear the excited screams from inside the thick limo and the whole scene was exciting, yet nerve racking. Everybody else, of course, have been to their fair share of premiers so they were all feeding off of my nerves for entertainment.

“Okay, let’s go.” Jackson piped as the driver swung open the limo door, amplifying the sounds of the crowd outside. First, Tommy slid out with his arm over Andy’s shoulders. She was wearing a short, tight dress that was covered in shimmering black beads with her hair curled and bouncy.

Right when their heads popped out of the limo, screams and the snapping of cameras echoed through the air even louder.

I couldn’t help but laugh. “Oh my gosh, this is insane.” I said with a grin. It felt so weird to know people who were this famous, and in two seconds, I would be known as well. Sure, it’s just going to be Jackson Thorne’s sister, but people will know me. People are about to take my picture. This all felt so surreal still.

The people outside were even louder when Ryder popped out and then Jackson. I took one more deep breath before Kale leaned in and kissed my cheek.

“It’ll be okay. Just breathe and smile. You have a beautiful smile.” He whispered into my ear.

I blushed and a small smile creeped onto my face. “You’ll be with me the whole time?”

He nodded. “The whole time. I won’t let go.” He said, gripping my hand in his.

Again, I smiled and inched my way out of the limo. When I was standing up, the heads turned towards me and Kale but quickly adverted back to where Jackson and Ryder were waiting for me and Kale. Tommy and Andy had already been engulfed in the cameras and reporters along the red carpet. There was a long back drop of the movie promotions for people to take pictures in front of where a bunch of celebrities were smiling brightly right now. I’m pretty sure that I caught a glimpse of Demi Lavato.

When we got to Jackson and Ryder, they led us to the backdrop where Tommy and Andy were, taking pictures together with bright, shining smiles.

“Jackson, who is this?” One reporter asked when Jackson tried to say something to me over all the fans.

Jackson looked over to where the reporter was standing, waiting anxiously for an answer and then back to me. “Let me steal you really quick.”

I looked over to Kale and he gave me an encouraging smile before leaning down and kissing my cheek. “You’ll do great.” He whispered before releasing my hand.

I smiled at him before following Jackson over to a clear spot on the carpet, in front of a reporter wearing a nice suit and standing in front of a camera crew with a fancy microphone in his hand.

“Good evening, Jackson, I’m Daniel Porter with MTV News.” The reporter said into the microphone.

Jackson stretched his hand out and then professionally shook Mr. Porter’s hand. The reporter looked young, but he seemed to know what he was doing, I was impressed.