18) Welcome Back

THIS HAS SPOILERS FROM TODAY'S EP, KAY? KAY. This also takes place at the end.

~~~

Varian, Quirin and I waved at Rapunzel as she passed us, gleefully singing along and celebrating with all of Corona behind her.

"So... About that goatee..." I teased Varian. He blushed.

"I-I thought it looked cool alright? Yeesh." He chuckled. I laughed and hugged him tight. He hugged back with just as much passion.

"I was so lonely while you were gone, (N/N)." He dug his face into my shoulder.

I felt my heart pump faster and my eyes sting. "I...I was too."

"I'm so glad you're back." He held my face with his ungloved hands, which i didn't notice until now. They were surpsingly soft. Probably from glove sweat. Gross.

I rested my forehead against his. Our noses touched. We looked at Quirin, who had gotten our attention by clearing his throat.

"I'll give you guys your privacy." We smiled at each other before he walked into the crowd. Varian and I blushed and looked at each other before chuckling nervously. Varian smiled at me with half lidded eyes.

"You have no idea how long I've been wanting to do this."

"Do wh-" and suddenly, his lips were on mine. It felt electric, like a lightning bolt. But it also felt like heavenly silk. I kissed back with barely any hesitation. He cupped my cheeks as I cupped his and pulled away speechless.

"I... I... Really needed that." I smiled and hugged him. He hummed and returned the favor.

"Welcome back."

~~~

I had to make this short bc I was thinking about it ever since I saw the episode holy heck I didn't think we'd get a redemption that quick but I love it and I love him so much he will bare my children he has no choice.