one

『 Lavender, 10:22 A

Lavender, 10:22 A.M 』

📚

The Lavender was a small yet well-stocked bookstore. Located in Daegu, the shop was surrounded by coffee shops and restaurants mainly visited by young people. The owner—who also happened to be my cousin—wanted a fresh and trending spot for his precious baby.

That's how he ended up here, in a bookshop with two employees and thousands of books.

"(y/n), checkout's for you now!" yelled my coworker as I came out of the break room. "There's still no one, I'll go and check the deliveries while I'm at it. Will you be fine by yourself?"

"Yes Jimin, I'll be fine." I rolled my eyes; he'd always ask that although I've been working there for two years.

Half an hour later, I was busy classifying books of the historical novel section. It was almost eleven o'clock and I was surprised that no customer had shown up yet. However, it didn't last. A customer pushed the main door, causing the bell to ring.

I stood up to welcome them. It was a pale man, probably in his twenties. He wore a black cap, some black sweater, and a pair of blue jeans. Despite his head being covered, it wasn't difficult to distinguish strands of silver-colored hair beneath the cap.

He bowed when he noticed me, and I returned the gesture.

I decided to focus on my task as the man would probably come to me if he had any questions.

It was only twenty minutes later that he walked to the counter, waiting for me to get back there, which I did. As I took the pile of book he was planning to buy, he removed his cap and pushed his hair back before putting it back on. Goddammit.

Suddenly, it was impossible for me to move as I stared him in the eye, captivated by his beauty. His cheeks were lightly puffy, which gave him a cute and child-like side. His skin was the clearest I've ever seen, and its porcelain complexion made him look angelic. He had small eyes, dark brown, almost black. That's when I noticed how nervous he looked, probably uncomfortable because of my long staring.

"Gosh, I'm so sorry sir!" I exclaimed as he slid his hands in his pockets

He shrugged. "It's fine."

But then again, I glanced at him and focused on his lips. Plump and pink, kissable and appealing.

While scanning the remaining books, I tried to break the tense atmosphere.

"So, is it your first time here? I never saw you around."

"Yeah." Was all he said.

I didn't back off. "Are you a local?"

This time, he nodded.

"Well, it'll be ₩94,230 please."

He searched his wallet and paid for the books. Once they were all stuffed in a plastic bag, I gave it to him with the bill. He thanked me.

"Hey, wait!" I suddenly exclaimed as he was about to exit. He turned to me, giving me a questioning look. His piercing gaze made it hard for me to think of an intelligible thing to say, so I said whatever came to my mind first. "You're cute!"

To my surprise, he didn't say a word and left. However, I had the chance to notice the flush spreading over his face. Even cuter, I thought.