Chapter 32: Apples

❀Azalea❀

❀Azalea❀

I watch as Grey sends Abby certain looks. Not necessarily nice ones. More like little glares.

"Grey," I warn him. He crosses his arms over his chest. He grumbles under his breath and picks up his boots, walking over to the couch.

He was supposed to leave before Abby came to pick me up but he told Jai that whatever they're doing can wait a little while longer.

I'm not sure if that is a good thing. Someone could be on the verge of death and he's just like 'that fella can wait'.

"Where's your friend that you said was coming?" I question her.

"She's waiting in the car. She didn't feel like coming in. I have to warn you, she's not in the best of moods. Her boyfriend just broke up with her," she winces and I grip my heart. That makes my heart hurt for her.

"I like your dress," I look at her dark red dress. It's more revealing than anything I thought she would ever wear. The neckline swoops low and it is risen up to her upper thighs. I begin feeling slightly self-conscious looking down at my dress.

It's not nearly as short as hers in the neckline or in full-length.

Abby has really nice, tan, long legs too. And she's wearing high heels?

I don't even own a pair of high heels.

"Stop it, Azalea Delilah," Grey's dark voice interrupts my train of thought. I look over at him to see his face set in a stern and serious look.

"You don't even know what I was thinking," I try and he stands up, moseying over to me, his harshly set eyes never leaving mine.

"The fuck I don't. Now quit," he softens the closer he gets to me. I don't doubt the fact that he knows exactly what I'm thinking.

Bear rubs up against my legs, steering clear of Abby just like we told him too. He's such a good boy. Abby's allergic and I don't think I've ever felt so bad for someone. I couldn't imagine being allergic to Bear. Jake was allergic to dogs too, that's why we never had one. My father too. And what dad said, went. He controlled the house and made us all follow what he said.

"Can I use y'all's bathroom really quick before we go?" she questions and I turn my attention back to her.

"Of course! Down the hall and it's the first door on the right," I point and she nods, following my directions.

I look over to Grey.

"But she's wearing, like, show-ey stuff. Look at me, Grey," I hold my arms out and his eyes trail down my body.