drugin' | twenty six.

June 3, 2019

Sitting in the 30 Rockefeller Plaza in New York City, Shantey sits in the dressing room getting her makeup and hair done to appear on Late Night with Seth Meyers within the next few minutes with a cotton robe covering her body

She's accompanied by her team along with Amanda.

Her record label A&R Natalie gathers her purse to leave and handle another client when she's stopped by Shantey. "Yeah, what's up?"

"I sent you an email of a song a few days ago. You check it out?"

Natalie nods, fixing the strap of her purse on her shoulder. "Yeah I loved it. Who is she?"

Shantey gestures over to the couch to Amanda, who chats with her assistant Julie. "Blondie over there."

"Really?" Natalie eyebrow raises, laying eyes on Amanda. "Hm... I'll let the upper heads have a listen."

"Thanks."

Natalie winks with a smile. She leaves the dressing room soon after.

"Designer's here." Anissa announces; a woman with butterscotch brown skin and natural curly hair trails behind. She holds the hanger of the garment bag.

"Sorry," the designer quickly apologizes. "New York traffic is horrible."

"You're fine." Shantey assures her.

"Shantey, this is Carmelita Suarez." Anissa introduces the grinning designer. "Carmelita, this is–"

"Shantey Ledé, of course." Carmelita finishes her sentence. She extends her hand out to Shantey. "It's very nice to meet you."

Shantey takes her hand. "Likewise. I love your designs."

"Thank you. And thanks a lot for this opportunity. I never thought I would go from a small time designer promoting my designs on Instagram to the Shantey Ledé dm-ing me about designing something new and original."