Chapter 13

Jemma's POV

The aftermath of  my Saturday night escapade and defying Alessandro was for him to disappear. It's Monday and I haven't seen my husband in the last 24 hours. He brought me home cordially and made sure I entered the house safely with me in his arms. He took me upstairs to our bedroom and undressed me.

He pulled the covers over me and made sure I was tucked in. He didn't touch me at all, he just looked at me with sad, hurt and intense eyes for a full minute without saying anything. He stood up and leaned over me to kiss my forehead softly. He didn't utter a word to me as he turned to leave the bedroom. The door clicked softly indicating that his departure.

Alessandro can deal with a lot of things in this world. My bratty tantrums, my defiant nature and everything in between. What he cannot deal with is my rejection and being apart from me. I rejected him on Saturday when I was drunk. I called him old knowing how sensitive he is about the age gap between us. I lied to him and went to a party full of horny teenage boys knowing how jealous he can get.

The fact that I haven't seen or heard from him in the last 24 hours just indicates how deeply I hurt my husband. The man who can't function without me hasn't contacted me in 24 hours and that scares me. What if the damage cannot be undone? What if he doesn't love me anymore? What if he doesn't want to deal with an 18 year old who refuses to grow up?

These are all the scenarios playing in my head as I am contemplating on what I am going to do to fix this situation. I can do a lot of this but the bottom line is I cannot be without Alessandro. He is the sun to my earth, I cannot function without him. I need him to live. I haven't moved from this bed since he left me Saturday night drunk and out of it.

I probably stink and I haven't eaten or drank anything since he left me. His wounded sad eyes haunt me every time I close my eyes. They were the last thing I saw before I passed out. So every time I think about that night, they are all I can remember. How can I be so selfish. How can I hurt my other half just like that. I don't know where he is but all I know is that he is not around in this house. I can feel it and sense it because my sun is off, there is no light and I can feel the hurt waves oozing and bouncing from wherever he is to me.

The house help has knocked more than hundred times and every time they do, I send them away. I don't want to see or talk to anybody I just want my husband to balance and reach an equilibrium. I need to fix this but I don't know how. I first need to stop feeling sorry for myself, get cleaned and go look for my hubby.

I get up from the bed and head for the massive ensuite bathroom and switch on the shower. Memories of Alessandro making love to me come back full force and I start aching all over. My breasts feel heavy and very sensitive and my clit throbs making me wet. I try touching myself and just stop because it's not the same. My body needs its master and I am going to get him back.

I dress in grey sweatpants and a white hoodie and leave the bedroom barefooted and head for the kitchen. I see my phone sitting on the kitchen counter and switch it on. There are texts and missed calls from everyone I know  except for the one who matters most. He hasn't called me or send me a message. I get goosebumps all over my body now and start hyperventilating.

I need to fix this now, I need my husband. I need to find my husband. I grab my car keys and reach for my sneakers and head for my car. He hasn't contacted me in 24 hours and I am scared. I don't know where he is precisely but I have a feeling of where he might be. Alessandro has a penthouse in the city that he used to stay in when he worked late nights and couldn't drive home.

I have a feeling that he might be there. I drive towards the city full of anxiety and fear of what I am going to find there. All I know is that It's  not going to be pretty at all...