18.

Ryan. (3 months later)

Over the last couple of months Dave and I have been in a good space. I moved in and now we were just getting ready for our baby shower. Brooke and Chris are in charge of putting it together. I was honestly nervous cause I didn't know how their decorating skills are so I could only hope for the best. Dave wants a girl and he's sure that's what we're having, but I on the other hand think it's a boy. Our shower was on Saturday and today was Wednesday. Babe was adomen on me meeting his grandma, since she was the closest thing to family he has. And quite frankly I'm nervous as hell, cause I did want her at the birth. I was definitely showing being that I was now 24 weeks pregnant, and Dave has been all over me. I don't know if it's cause I'm pregnant but now I'm exhausted, my feet hurt if I'm standing up too long. I found it funny cause Dave acted like he was the pregnant one, he actually ate more than me so as of recent he's been in the gym to lose his little gut. August was currently at the house cause I guess him and babe made plans.
"Ima call him to see if he's on his way." I said to August who was sitting on the couch. "Alri ma'." he said as I wobbled up the stairs with my phone up to my ear. "Wassup bae." he said sounding out of breath. "Hey, August is here. He said you guys had plans." I said standing in the bedroom. "Damn I forgot, I'm on my way tell him ima be there in 15."
"Alright, I will. Love you." I said into the phone.
"I love you more." and with that he hung up. I made my way downstairs,"Aug he said he's on his way, he should be here in 15 minutes."
He nodded," Alright thank ya luv." he said focused on his phone.
"Would you like something to drink?" I asked walking in the kitchen.
"Water is fine." he said fixing his shades. I grabbed a water bottle out the refrigerator and wobbled over towards him. "Here you go." I said handing to him. "Thank ya." he said as I went back to the kitchen grabbing the stuff to make me a sandwich. At this point in my pregnancy I craved subs and chips so that's exactly what I was gonna make. I pulled out all the ingredients and got started on my masterpiece, in the middle of me making my food Dave walked in.
Him and August dapped each other up and they headed to the the room babe called the "man cave."
Well damn don't greet me? He better keep that same energy when he try to hit it. I sat at the table with my big ass sandwich, I said my grace and dug in.

Dave

"So man wassup wit you and Ryan?" Baby asked taking a seat.
"Nothing much, we just building man you know?" I said pouring us a drink.
"You ready to be a father bro? Cause it looks like Ry is about to pop." he said taking a sip.
"Nigga I ain't even gone lie, I'm nervous as hell. But I'm excited, this was unexpected but I'm overall happy." I said being comepletly honest.
"I'm happy for y'all bro." he said dapping me up. We sat around and joked until it started to get late. When he left I found Ry bent over the bed taking deep breaths.
I ran to her," Bae you okay?" She nodded not saying anything.
"My back hurts." she said with her voice cracking as if she was about to cry. I rubbed her lower back and had her sit down. "Baby, lemme talk to you?" I said as she laid on me. When she didn't say anything I continued,"Why don't you ever talk about your mom?" There was a long pause,"we don't talk. I never really had a good relationship with her.." she paused and then sat up looking at me.
"As a kid it was mainly me and my dad, like she was there but it was like we were strangers in the same house. And when they split up it was just me and her. Then when I turned 14 we started bumping heads. As I got older our relationship became better but ever since I graduated we haven't spoke." she said with a deep sigh. "You haven't reached out to her?" I asked rubbing on her swollen stomach. She shook her head no,"she doesn't even know I'm pregnant. I always wanted her to be there when this happened but she hasn't been." she said with sadness in her tone. "What about yo dad?"
"He died when I graduated high school." she said. I felt for her cause I went through the same shit wit my mama. "Well you wanna go meet up wit my grandma she's in town for the shower." I asked hoping she would say yes cause my grandma been wanting to meet the lady who apparently snatched her grandson up. But little did she know she already met Ry. "Yeah I can." she said getting up changing into one of them stretchy dresses. "Can we stop and get something to eat bae?" she asked putting on her shoes. "Yeah we meeting her at a diner." I said putting on my slides.

Ryan

We were now sitting in front babes grandma, Miss C. She didn't realize that I was Dave's girlfriend at the hospital cause we were all so wrapped up in if Dave was gonna be okay.
We all had eaten and now she wanted to have a one on one conversation with me so she sent Dave off.
"So how long have you known Dave?" she asked looking at me.
"A little over a year." I said nervously cause I knew that was bad that I was already pregnant.
"So did you plan on getting pregnant so early in the relationship cause that means you was pregnant when he gotten into that accident." she asked eyeing me.
"No I didn't plan on getting pregnant, and yes ma'am but we weren't together."
She nodded,"well here's what I think.. I don't think you're fit to be a mother. Like would you honestly want your child to know that their mother got pregnant after barely knowing their dad?"
I was taken back by what she was saying cause I thought she liked me. My feelings were honestly hurt and I felt myself on the verge of crying. "I can't do this.." I said getting up and walking out the diner. I ran into Dave and he had this concerned expression written across his face.
"What's wrong? What happened? " he asked holding me.
"I'm just ready to leave, can I please leave Dave?" I pleaded, he nodded leading me to the car. I knew he was confused as to why I was so upset but I couldn't just tell him how the most important person in his life just insulted me. The car ride was silent, but this whole meeting had me second guessing everything about me and Dave.