Chapter 41

Shivaay and Anika return to Sunflower Petals spending some time at Trivedi Villa.Anika makes  him cook her favourite food that they enjoy together,after a long time.Sunflower Petals gets its life back with their return.
It's past-evening and Shivaay is talking over phone with someone.

S:  Yeah,everything is going good.Let's meet tomorrow...........Anika comes there.She tries to talk to him but he seems busy.Then,taking one corner of her pallu,she starts tickling Shivaay!He finishes the call somehow then grabs Anika's hand-

S:  What are you doing Anika?I was talking na?

A:  I too have something very important to discuss.

S:  What is it?

A:  I am unable to decide who should be the brand face of ANIKA'S PRIDE & DREAM.

S:  That's very simple.Sign contracts with top models of India.Actors,celebrities would do too.Problem is solved.

A:  No.

S:  No?But why?

A:  I have already decided it.

S:  Then why are you asking?

A:  Shivaay,I...I want you to be the brand face of ANIKA'S PRIDE & DREAM.

S:  What are you saying Anika?Me?

A:  Why not?

S:  Would I look good wearing ornaments and all Anika?

A:  You are just impossible Shivaay.Who told you that?

S:  Just kidding.But tell me,what made you think of me?

A:  I decided it on the day of showroom inauguration itself.Shivaay,would you....plz?

He takes Anika's hands in his hands then says-

S:  I have a brilliant idea.

A:  What?

S:  If I say instead of me.....you become the brand face?

A:  Me?

S:  Yes,you.

A:  How come......

S:  See Anika,if you become the brand face,it will provide you with great advantage.Moreover you will send a good message out there in the society.

A:  I did not understand.

S:  I am telling you.Come,sit here(They both sit on the sofa)

What was your intention behind your showroom?You wanted to establish your name through hard work,without taking the shelter of big name.You wanted to be independent in your own terms,wanted to do something different.Now,if you become the brand face of ANIKA'S PRIDE & DREAM,people who will come in contact,they will be compelled to think you are not typical in thinking nor following the herd-mentality of running a new business house.

You can select any celebrity,model,actor or actress using money to do the needful but you have the guts not choosing that.In fact,you have confidence in yourself to stand up and take that place which people think to be reserved for few selected person.
Girls,who want to create their own name or in this profession,will have courage and confidence to represent themselves,their work just like you.

And if you ask me to tell from a businessman's point of view then I will say if you do this,amount which will be spent on selecting models etc.will be saved.You will have advantage in both ways.What do you think Anika?

Anika was listening getting totally mesmerized.When she said nothing who kept on staring Shivaay,he patted her shoulder and said-

S:  Anika?What are you thinking?

A:  I never thought like that.You surmised everything so beautifully.That's my wish only behind creating ANIKA'S PRIDE & DREAM.Your way of thinking is very special Shivaay.You are really my corporate mentor.

S:  So,you liked the idea?

A:  Without any doubt.

S:  Then start working on it and let me work too.

A:  Am I disturbing you?

S:  Did I say that?

A:  Okay.I am going.You stay here with my sautan.Bye.

Saying that she stands up hitting Shivaay with the pallu of her saree then walks out of the room without letting him say anything.He says in his mind-

"Pagal ladki!"

Hall

_____

Anika is playing with Chanchan and Chanchal in the hall.She says to them-

A:  Did you both see Shivaay?He has all the time for work but not for me!Thought to spend this evening with him but no.He loves his work only.

While Anika is in self-talking mode,Chanchan gets away and climbs up the stairs of south wing.
Noticing that she steps in the stairs with Chanchal.
She puts them on the basket then says-

A:  You two have become very naughty.Stay here,I am bringing dinner for both of you.Don't do any mischief okay?

Anika stands up.She is about to take the first step but her foot gets twisted in the saree and she slips.Her abdomen hits the railing of the stairs and for that she loses balance and falls.Anika's right hand gets cut deeply by a pointed steel flower of the stairs and blood starts oozing out.She screams in pain- Shi...Shivaay.......!!!

Shivaay hears her scream which  echoed acute,sharp pain.He gets startled then comes in the hall running and finds Anika is writhing in pain on the stair pressing her hand on her tummy over the saree,which got stained in the blood oozing out of her hand.Shivaay reaches to her.His face gets whitened in fear-

S:  Ani...Anika?What....What happened?How did you......He goes silent.Anika clutches his shirt with her other hand in pain.She tries to tell something but could not form words then faints in his arms.Shivaay tries to make Anika conscious but fails.

There,with much difficulty he pulls himself together then picks her up in his arms.Coming outside he gets in he car with an unconscious Anika then orders the driver to reach nearby hospital,driving as fast as possible.

Hospital
________

Anika is being taken in the OT.Doctor is examining her.Gauri and Soumya come there getting the call of Shivaay.They meet him outside the OT.He tells them what has happened.In the mean time doctor comes out-

S:  Doctor,how is Anika?What has happened to her?At least tell something now plz.My heart is sinking in fear.

D:  Mr.Oberoi,say thank you to God that you could bring her here on time.Otherwise.......

S:  Is something serious doctor?Already she is suffering from memory loss and now.....Just tell me she is fine.

So:  Exactly what has happened to her doctor?Doctor says smiling-

D:  Your wife is expecting Mr.Oberoi.I mean she is pregnant.Congratulations!

Shivaay,Gauri and Soumya receive the shock of their life.There doctor continues-

Her body has not started showing any sign of pregnancy yet.We diagnosed then found out that she is with child.That accident could be very fatal at this stage,resulting in unavoidable miscarriage.Thank God we could avert the damage.There was a wound in her hand which has been treated and she is doing fine.We are conducting more tests.Latest report will reveal baby's condition.Don't worry,everything will be fine.Have faith in God..........Saying all those doctor leaves.

Shivaay stands still,silent,shut.