warmth

i think i'll start putting brackets around  'y/n'  and all of the other  'reader choices'  so that it stands out from the rest lol. it's a bit late now but i never really thought about it. sorrry :p

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

by the time link returned, it was already night. he was transported to the entrance of the elegant domain and he breathed in the fresh, cool air of the night. it had finally stopped raining and link admired the beautiful structures that surrounded him. he noticed that no one was around, everyone had gone to sleep. link slowly walked towards the inn where he figured his friend was sleeping in and looked through one of the glassless windows. 

link smiled when he saw her peaceful body moving up and down with every breath she took. link walked in and the inn owner smiled at him and quietly congratulated him whilst trying not to wake everyone up. link nodded and thanked the owner with a small smile. 

"master link, would you like to sleep on a bed? perhaps a water bed? it'll be my pleasure since you helped restore my home."

link looked over at his friend and smiled again, but with more joy. 

"that's alright. i'll share the bed with her, i don't think she'd mind."

-

"alright, understood. see you in the morning."

link walked over to (y/n's) bed and quietly took off his boots and his tunic. he left his beige undershirt on and quietly slipped into the bed. the owner provided a warm blanket since it was a cold night, and link draped it over himself and (y/n). link laid down and stared at her sleeping face. the hero felt his heart warm up when he caught himself taking a peek at her lips for a brief second. 

the lips that he touched and connected with his.

link still couldn't believe that she kissed him, he never expected it! the kiss was passionate and longing, and link felt his cheeks gradually get warmer. link started to close his eyes when he felt (y/n) move around next to him. his bright blue eyes widened when he saw her slowly creep her way over to him and snuggled into his chest, his body heat warming her up and making her smile a bit. link's heart was pounding, every beat in his chest was loud enough for the whole domain to hear. the hero slowly let his arm fall on top of her sleeping body and he brought her closer. (y/n's) arms wrapped around link and held him tight around his waist. link blushed even more and kissed her forehead, a sign that he was telling her to sleep well. 

link closed his eyes and waited for sleep to take him into the land of dreams...

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

"link!"

the blonde turned around swiftly, and saw her run towards him, holding glowing blue flowers in one arm. as she slowed to a stop, she looked up at link. 

link couldn't see her face, like in his memories, it was blurred out and he couldn't hear anything but a muffled voice every time she spoke. link reached out to her with his arms wide open. he couldn't control his body and decided to let it do what it wanted to do. 

the hylian girl fell into his arms, and held him tight. link felt safe and secure, the presence of this girl making him feel at ease. he wrapped his arms around her and held her there, his hands around her waist and back with his head on top of hers.

"link...thank you for these flowers. you always knew my favourite..."

link pulled back lightly and smiled sweetly at her. the girl looked down and quietly spoke to him but loud enough for him to hear.

"...remember me when you see these flowers...wait for me, link."

slowly, the girl in his arms started to disappear, her entire body slowly fading out and turning into nothing but thin air. the remnants of her figure turning into light particles and floating away. link's eyes widened with his body full of shock, sadness, and anger. he fell to his knees and cried into his hands. hot tears were streaming out of his eyes and he didn't know why this girl made him feel like this. he was meant to be stoic and strong, but this girl had got to him and left a mark in his warrior-like heart. 

link started to look up when he heard an awful sound coming from behind him, the hero's eyes once again widening, his blue orbs showing fear.

a large red and black beast appeared, two bloody red eyes staring back at him. link muttered one word...one word that he was so deeply afraid of. 

"ganon..."

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

link opened his eyes, sweat dripped down his pale face. he sat up quickly, but quietly so that he didn't wake his friend. link combed his hair with his fingers and held his head as he breathed in and out. 

that hylian girl...

link obviously had deep feelings for this mysterious girl and couldn't help but feel like they were together in the past. if she made him feel like that, then she must've been important to him somehow. link thought about the young hylian and remembered the memories he had as well, that same muffled voice was heard in the memories when she appeared. link's heart made a decision right then and there. 

he looked over at (y/n) and frowned, his messy blonde hair hiding his face. he slowly got out of the bed and walked towards the entrance where the owner was dozing off. link tapped the zora on the shoulder and woke him up.

"ah! master link! is there are problem? it's still night--"

-

"i'd like to rent a new bed...please."

-

"a...bed? what happened--oh well, as long as you're happy, master link. don't worry about paying, this is my treat."

link nodded and thanked him again and walked back to the abundance of beds in the room in the inn. he looked over at (y/n) again and sighed. he walked over to an empty bed next to her and got a blanket from one of the cupboards nearby and pulled it over himself as he climbed into the bed. link looked over at his friend, his heart clenching. he thought about the warmth of (y/n's) body and held himself with his cold hands. link looked over at the (h/c) haired hylian and sighed again, this time with guilt. link stood up from his bed and went over to (y/n), he bent down and kissed her on the head and whispered to her.

"i'm sorry..."

link went back to his bed and laid down, facing away from (y/n). he closed his eyes and thought of his dear friend. of course, link had feelings for (y/n), but...

the girl in his past slowly took over his heart and he made it his goal to find her, no matter how long it would take.

he will find her.