Chapter Two

You were silent on the way to the Principal's office. You weren't quite sure what to think. You were calm enough that you could think coherently now, but it didn't stop you from worrying about what was going to happen to you. You couldn't just... tell them everything. They would think you were insane. You were sure you'd be sent to an asylum, where you'd most likely live out the rest of your days wondering if maybe you were crazy.

When you arrived at the office, you took a moment to look around. It was a way to give yourself a distraction from the situation at hand. There were a couple of posters- ones depicting the same buff man that had been shown in the nurse's office, and you tried to remember his name.

After a brief moment of consideration, you came up with nothing. Your memory had failed you. You couldn't entirely blame yourself, though. It had been years. It wasn't your fault that you had forgotten almost everything about the series. The few things you did remember revolved around the villains. They had always been your favorites. You had a soft spot for them.

You had always been a fan of studying people's behaviors, and in the case of most of the villains in the series, rejection from society had led to resentment. It was what had made them who they were. You vaguely remembered turning in an essay about it for your freshman english class. You felt your face grow hot with embarrassment at the memory. You had gotten an A for it- however bad it may have been. It was a little funny to remember. Funny, but mostly embarrassing.

A grunt from the pro hero next to you snapped you back to reality. The mouse (?) had sat down, and was motioning for you to do the same. You hesitatingly obliged, fiddling with your thumbs as you sat down in the cushioned red chair at the other side of his desk.

You still couldn't quite get over how big he was. Yes, he was small compared to you, but it was extremely jarring for you to see a three foot talking animal. You felt like you were in a cartoon- which, you kind of were. You wondered what exactly he was. You supposed that being an amalgamation of different animals made him a chimera.

Regardless of that, you went back to analyzing your current situation. Aizawa was currently standing next to you- presumably to make sure you wouldn't bolt like you did in the nurse's office. To be honest, you were still tempted to. This was a conversation you really didn't want to have right now.

The chimera said your name, and you looked at him, trying your best to remain calm. You distantly wondered if your brother was okay. You missed him. You missed the simplicity of what things were. "We have a few questions for you. Are you able to give us the correct answers?"

You already didn't like the way he phrased the question. "The correct answers," he'd said. As if you were capable of giving a wrong one. He wanted you to tell him what he expected- what he wanted to hear. You weren't sure that you were capable of doing that. You took a deep breath, sorting out your options. You could either tell the truth- that you were from a different world- or you could leave out those details and play the role of a helpless girl with an uncontrollable and undefinable quirk.

You made your decision, giving him a curt nod in answer.

"What is your full name?" he asked, setting down a clipboard with a piece of paper attached to it. He grabbed a ballpoint pen, abnormally large paw poised to begin writing. You supposed that he was filling out a report of some sort.

You gave him your name, and he nods, jotting down your response onto the paper.

"What is your family like?" He continued, tapping his pen against the paper. At the mention of your family, you froze. You had no intention of telling him about your neglectful parents or starry eyed little brother. Just thinking about them- about your younger sibling- made you want to cry. The idea of never seeing him again suddenly became very real, and you looked down at your lap, pushing back the tears that pooled in your eyes.