Chapter 33

ok ok so since we're  quarantine and whatever I decided to try and  finish this book. I don't remember what plans I had for this book, but one of my best friends gave me and idea and I decided to give it a shot so please let me know what you think in the comments and hopefully I'll finish this book! 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's been a year since I accepted the offer that Russell had made me. I had been under constant training and I I was more powerful than I had ever imagined. After I learned how my powers worked, I made a deal with Russell and I would keep being by his side as long as Adam was released. I couldn't risk anyone seeing me, so I took him just close enough to the pack house, but far away enough so that no one would see me. I still replayed our conversation in my  head every time I could, it was the only thing I had left of Adam. 

"Riley, you don't have to do this." He said, in that low voice that I always loved. He was so tired his eyes were almost closed shut. He was beaten up so bad I have no idea how he was even standing right now. "This is my decision, Adam." I said in a stern voice. God, I missed him so much. My heart was beating so hard in my chest I was scared he could hear it. Tears sprung to my eyes when I remembered  that he lied to me. All that time, it was all a lie.

I didn't notice that he stepped closer to me until he grabbed my hand so softly like it was going to break. "Riley... Look at me in the eyes and tell me that you want to do this. Tell me that you don't want to stay here with me and that you went through the trouble of helping me because you love me. Tell me that you don't love me the way that I love you." I wanted to tell him so bad that I wanted to stay with him because I still loved him, but I couldn't. 

"I do want to do this." I said in the most serious voice that I could muster, I gave his hand a light squeeze and looked into his eyes. "Adam, I have to do this." The tears were rolling slowly down my eyes and I couldn't stop them. "Riley, please." He said in a low voice. He rested his forehead on top of mine while holding both my hands. 

"I'm so sorry for everything that happened, but you're my mate. I fell in love with you because you're the best thing that ever happened to me. I'm sorry that I didn't tell you before how I knew your gift, but when I found out you were my mate I knew I had to protect you at all costs to avoid this. Please let me make this right." His own tear were rolling down his cheek and I couldn't find my own voice. 

"Stick to the plan and don't mess it up" Was the last thing Jason said to me before I had to  bringing Adam here. I kept that in my head because I knew Adam would try something like this. 

"Adam..." I say looking up at him. Those hypnotizing eyes were staring down at me and they only displayed sadness and it broke my heart that I was doing this to him. 

God, please let this work. I need to get back to him. 

Before I could change my mind, I got on my tippy-toes and kiss him with all of my strength. He must have been surprised because it took him a few seconds before he wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed my back with the same force. This was all I could give him without ruining the plan. I needed to keep Adam safe and this was the only way. 

His hands were in my hair and tracing my spine, making me remember all of the beautiful times we spent together. I ran my hands through his hair and he lightly squeeze my waist. I wrapped my arms around  his neck and pulled him closer than he already was. No matter what I did I couldn't get enough of him. Eventually, we had to end the kiss and catch on our breath.