Lydia Martin x (fem) Reader

"Is she new?" Allison asked as she glanced at the front doors of the school.

Lydia turned her head and found herself tilting it as she took in your appearance. "Lydia... Lydia!" Allison said as she got the strawberry blonde's attention.

The banshee shook her head and followed you out of the corner of her eyes. "Yeah she's new. I would've recognized her."

"Well she's coming this way so if you want to talk to her..." Allison teased with a smirk before shutting her locker and walking away. "I'll give you some alone time."

Lydia rolled her eyes at the hunter before you tapped her on the shoulder. The banshee quickly turned around, ready to work her charm on you. Then the strawberry blonde's eyes caught yours. Lydia cleared her throat as she tried to find the words. "Excuse me but I'm new here and I was wondering where room..." you began before you glanced back at your schedule and tried to find the number,"283 is?"

The banshee stared at you silent for a moment before she cleared her throat again and nodded. "Yeah I know where it is I have that class. I'll show you."

You nodded with a smile. "Thank you so much."

Lydia smiled at you again before she led you to your first classroom, pointing out different important classrooms on the way. Lydia tried to avoid looking you in the eyes as much as she could (despite her desperately wanting to look you in the eyes), she knew that she wouldn't be able to formulate her sentences right.

A month passed and the strawberry blonde had managed to be able to look you in the eyes and talk to you without completely sounding like she didn't know what was coming out of her mouth. The lacrosse team won against Devenford Prep and Lydia stood up in the stands and announced that she was throwing a party at her house.

The strawberry blonde smiled to herself as she passed a mirror on the wall and pushed her shoulders back. Lydia had decided that she was going to finally do it tonight; she was going to tell you about her feelings. She looked around a few rooms and didn't see you. Lydia furrowed her eyebrows before her eyes noticed Allison. She walked towards Allison and tapped her shoulder. "Have you seen Y/N?"

Allison bit her lip before she smiled with a nod. "Yeah I saw her with Erica in the backyard around the pool."

"Thanks Allison." Lydia smiled before she began towards the backyard.

Lydia walked out into the backyard and looked around, searching in the crowd of people for you. Her eyes caught you smiling, and Lydia felt a small smile spread across her face as her stomach felt lighter than before. You were sitting next to Erica, both of your feet hanging in the water as you two talked to each other. She began walking towards you before she froze, and her entire body froze as her breath hitched.

Lydia had to remind herself to breathe as she watched Erica lean towards you and press her lips against yours. You shut your eyes and Erica slowly put her hand on the back of your head, both of you not caring about anything around you.

Lydia quickly turned around and rapidly blinked her eyes as her throat began to burn. She took deep breaths to try to calm herself down, and she briskly walked back into her house and upstairs, quickly going into one of the bathrooms to try to get some privacy.

The banshee locked the bathroom door behind her and gripped the sink as she stared at her reflection in the mirror. She took a few deep breaths to calm herself down before she made sure her makeup looked okay. Afterwards she forced a smile onto her face before she walked out of the bathroom, and she managed to go back to hosting her party.

Even if all she wanted to do was talk to you alone, and yell at Erica at the same time.

                                                     ==========