Twelve

© 2014 SilverStream22. All Rights Reserved.

"Honest" by Neighbourhood

Jake Gyllenhaal is officially Stark.

Thank you for #5 in General Fiction and #6 in Werewolf

_____________________________________________________________________________

I had to grip Stark's arm to steady myself as my body swayed at the sight of the poor litte girl. I shouldn't have set her down, I shouldn't have let her out of my sight. 

It's all my fault.

Stark seemed more enraged rather than upset. His jaw flexed and his fists were clenched, every bit of him was vibrating; holding back just like Castor was.

After forcing my eyes to come in contact with the child's killer, I managed to strangle out a sentence. "What do you want from us?"

"Oh no," the vampire flicked blood from his fingers, walking around in circles. "You're mistaken- I don't want the steriod mutts. I want you. You're special, Katya. So, so special."

And then, as if he wanted another snack to refuel his words, he flashed forward to the little girl, dipping his finger along the bleeding line of her neck, popping it into his mouth.

Before I could scream at him to leave the poor dead girl alone, Stark blurred right into him, sending the vampire's body flying into the opposite fence. He stood guard next to the girl, training his silver eyes onto the vampire. "Don't touch her."

The vampire pushed himself off, smiling slightly. "Touch who?"

My eyes couldn't register his quick form until he was behind me, one hand carelessly playing with my hair while the other dragged an elongated claw across my throat.

"Why am I special?" I whispered, trying to keep my voice as steady as possible.

"It's because of him-" he gestured to Stark, whose facade was just about ready to burst. "He lied to me. And to you, too."

"What do you mean?" I frowned, wanting to look back again to Stark in search for the truth but instead the vampire grabbed my jaw in a painfully tight grip, forcing my eyes to meet his red ones.

"He's married, did you know that?" he hissed, grinning.

I slammed my eyes shut, not wanting those pyschotic and demonic eyes to bore into mine. "No- he isn't. He just put the ring on the wrong finger."

The vampire laughed. "Oh sweet, sweet, Katya. You should know better. That Lycan of yours has a wife. Or had a wife. And you know what his excuse would be? That there was 'such a small chance of finding your mate'. Unbelieveable, right?"

Stark growled low in response. "Damn it, Orion, stop."

"Oh, so now you want to talk to me? After two centuries?" he screeched at Stark. "You stole my precious Kathleen away from me and ruined her-"

"She was never yours to begin with!" he roared. "Kathleen was mine, mine until you decided that you couldn't have enough of seeing the woman you lusted after be with the man that you hated. It's your fault that Kathleen died along with my unborn child during the mate killings."

The sheer amount of anguish and sorrow that laced his voice was enough for me- I didn't need to look at him to know that he was reliving those memories- with Kathleen...his wife and the mother of his unborn child. It was surreal... he had lied to my face without a care in the world.