Chapter 19: Dummy

Jisung sat on the chair next to the bed Seungmin laid in. The redhead was curled up in a blanket even though his temperature had gone through the roof not long ago.

The warlock let out a little sigh and looked at his lap again. He was glad that Seungmin was okay now but he felt like he had failed the other despite having somehow managed to prevent his vision from happening. In the background Jisung could faintly hear Byungho explaining for the hundredth time in twenty minutes that he was just a little tired. He had given up on saying "I am fine" because neither Chan nor Shiela, the nurse, really believed him.

Shiela had scanned Byungho and Seungmin shortly after Chan and Jisung had brought them into the nurse office with Minhyuk. The nurse was a bit surprised after the scan and diagnosed both Kim brothers with an great loss of magical energy, which they shouldn't take lightly but she hadn't asked what happened. Minhyuk had excused himself after the diagnose. He had a neutral expression on his face but everybody in the room knew that Minhyuk was going to tear strips off Ryan, Chantelle and their friends. Maybe he would even transform them into little snails, who knows.

Byungho, Chan and Shiela weren't that far away from Jisung but the warlock was so focused on worrying about his redheaded friends he barely registered what they were talking about. A guilty feeling ate away at him despite it being entirely illogical and he knew that. He did his best to protect his best friend and prevent his vision from coming true but in the end he didn't do much. Byungho managed to deactivate the red aura, which had surrounded Seungmin, so they were able to reach the redhead and Hyunjin was the one, who calmed him down with his humming.

The warlock continued to have this sort of thoughts while staring at his lap but then he heard multiple loud voices, making him finally look up and turn his head around. His gaze landed on his group of friends, who stumbled into the nurse office not so gracefully and definitely not quiet.

Jisung saw how Shiela stalked over to them, looking not very pleased. "To the gods above be quiet. All five of you", Shiela hissed at them and they shut up immediately because the female warlock may be a beauty but she most certainly was scary when she was angry. They quietly apologized for being so noisy and calmed down a little bit. Changbin and Hyunjin came over to Seungmin's bed pretty fast after that.

"How is he doing?", the vampire asked in a soft, quiet voice, with his eyes focused on Seungmin's curled up form. Jisung looked back to his best friend. He couldn't even imagine what Seungmin went through today or that it was even possible for him to lose his cool quite literally.

Shiela approached the bed of Seungmin, looking at the redhead with a bit of sympathy in her eyes. "The immense magical energy loss is taking a toll on him but nothing what a good night or afternoon of sleep can't fix but he should avoid using magic in the next two days just to be sure", the nurse explained to which Changbin nodded.

"Same goes for Mr. "I am fine" over there", Shiela added while looking over to Byungho, who was resting on the bed next to Seungmin's. He avoided looking the nurse into the eyes. Jisung had to refer from chuckling, knowing that the nurse probably wouldn't let this pass any time soon.

The group stayed a little with Seungmin and Byungho but Shiela was at some point fed up with the constant whispering, which sometimes became a little too loud, so she shushed them back to their classes without Seungmin and Byungho. The classes were mostly boring because they just watched movies as a celebration for the exams and tests being over for this year.

After all their classes the group met up at the nurse office again to see if Byungho and Seungmin were able to go already. Of course they brought the Kim brothers' stuff along, so the two brothers wouldn't need to get themselves from their classrooms.