Chapter 31: New Year and destiny

"Hey Byungho", Chan said softly getting the attention of the slightly older male, who had his head on the wolf hybrid's chest and was just overall comfortable in his position.

Chan's and Byungho's little date, which had been set up by Jeongin was five days ago and you could say that they already started dating, even though they didn't ask each other out yet. But they had a proper date organized by the two of them two days ago because they thought it would be nice and it was. They had a lot of fun and if anyone saw them they would have thought they were already an official couple because they acted like that. Occasionally they shares little kisses and they held hands more or less throughout their whole date.

Who was aware of this date? Well, Byungho told his mother almost everything about Chan, so she knew and had been probably more hyped about her son's date than the young male himself but Byungho hadn't been given the chance to tell any of his brothers. Wonpil and Seungmin had been absorbed in training their powers for a reason Byungho didn't know, Woosu was forcefully tied to his mother for the most part and Samuel was still on holiday with his mother. Unlike Byungho and Eve they didn't come home after just two days of being away.

Chan's family was also fully aware of their oldest son's date. But they also knew that Byungho was Chan's mate making the little date even more meaningful but they said to Chan to take his time and don't rush things. Yedam was probably the most excited one about this out of the Bang family. He helped his older brother pick an outfit and put on light makeup. He had declared himself their number one shipper since he had seen them laying cuddled up together on Chan's bed after they had come to the Bang family's house from their set-up date.

Today was the last day of the year and the two love birds met at Chan's house to just spend time with each other, which led them to a little cuddle session on Chan's bed and therefore the current situation where Chan internally debated if he should tell Byungho about the mate thing now. He already did the first step, which was getting the attention of the slightly older male but now he felt stuck.

"What's wrong, Channie?" Byungho asked and tilted his head a little so he was looking at the wolf hybrid. Chan's eyes meet Byungho's dark ones and he couldn't help but notice once more the golden tint in the dark orbs. "What are we for you now?", the wolf hybrid asked, trying to find a good way to tell Byungho that he was his mate.

"Definitely more than friends", the older answered pretty straightforward and sat up. He was now facing the wall opposite the bed and wasn't looking at Chan anymore. This made the wolf hybrid sit up as well because he could almost smell the sudden nervousness of the other. "And maybe soon boyfriends", Byungho then added in a smaller voice. Chan grinned at that and reached forward, so he could wrap his arms around the older male.

"I would love to be your boyfriend now", the wolf hybrid said in a gentle voice and laid his head on the older's shoulder. Chan could almost feel Byungho smile, which also caused him to smile like the lovesick idiot he was.

"Can I return your question to you now?", Byungho then asked while his smile didn't flatter once. "Well, for me we are now boyfriends and ...", Chan trailed off a little. The hybrid raised his head from the other's shoulder, making Byungho automatically look at him and let got of the other male. 

"And you are my destined mate", the wolf hybrid then added with a little shy smile, internally praying to all known gods that Byungho wouldn't have a bad reaction to this. After all Chan was aware of the fact that Byungho knew what a destined mate for a hybrid was because they had biology together.

Byungho blinked a little confused but then the bright smile reappear on his lips. "How long did you know that?", the older asked with a gentle voice while he shifted his position, so he was sitting in front of Chan.