Chapter 33: Glitter rain

"Damn it. Damn it. Damn it!", a man with chocolate brown hair cursed at the big screen in front of him, which showed a lot of red dots on the map of Yellow Wood. Those dots became bigger by second and it didn't seem like that was a good sign.

The male turned around sharply and grabbed his jacket, which was hung over the back of a chair next to the man before he began running out of the room. He put his pointer and middle finger on his right temple and internally said: "Everybody get out on the field now. We got a code red and I mean blood red."

The man could hear some faint curses in his head but also voices that told him they will be on the field as fast as they can or that they were outside already. The rest he ignored for the sake of getting out on the field himself as quickly as possible.

You see this man with the chocolate brown hair was a guardian, who could use telepathy and read minds while he also possessed strong magical abilities. His name was Kim Taehyung but most of the time he was called J.Seph and some only knew him by his Codename "Ace" since he rarely got out of the little control-room he was previously in. He was someone, who worked behind the curtain and not on the field but today called for drastic measures.

"Please tell me you were joking about the code red", another male voice could be heard in empty corridor, J.Seph had been running down. The voice belong to Kim Matthew, a rather tall male with a strong build and blond hair that almost seemed white. He was another guardian known as BM or under his code name "King".

Just like J.Seph he possessed strong magical powers along with the ability to erase memories instead of telepathy and reading minds. But erasing others' memories always caused Matthew to get headaches, which got more terrible the more he used his power.

"Why would I joke about a Code red?", J.Seph snapped a little at his fellow guardian, who was now a little bit behind him but Matthew didn't seem to be bothered by that. "Right. Stupid question. Are the girls already out there?", the taller male asked when he caught up to his group member.

"Yes, they are", J.Seph answered shortly while he continued to run towards the exit of the building closely followed by Matthew. "Alright with our two jokers out there we should be able to handle even a code red", the taller male said enthusiastically, which made J.Seph almost snap again because he couldn't understand why the taller was seemingly not worried at all that they were on the verge of exposition to the human world but he didn't.

He heard a voice in his head, which almost made him freeze on the spot. "Enjoy your last bit of freedom", the voice said. It wasn't a male nor female voice. It was something dark, intimidating, wicked and it sounded warped.

Matthew came to a halt beside his group member. His wide eyes showed that he wasn't the only one, who had heard this voice in his head.

"We need to stop whoever wants to bring down the barrier because if we don't we might loose everything we treasure", the guardian with the chocolate brown hair stated and stepped out of the building with an scary amount of determination while Matthew quickly followed him.

The two male froze on their spot once more when they saw a sort of magical glitter rain down from the sky like snowflakes. J.Seph stared up the sky seeing the barrier crumble bit by bit.

They were too late, there was no more barrier to protect.

————————

"When will the firework start? I want to see the pretty lights", Jeongin whined while looking up to the night sky. He wanted to see the pretty lights exploding in the sky and not wait until exactly midnight for it.

"Well, maybe they called it off because a certain kitsune wouldn't stop whining", Seungmin teased the blond a bit. Jeongin send him a little glare before he fixed his gaze onto the night sky once more. Time passed by so slowly if you waited for something.