seven

KADE
*****
***
**

I absentmindedly ran my fingers up and down Emara's spine as she slept, her arm wrapped around me while I scrolled through the latest feed. Everything that came up was gossip about Tristan's supposed affair and whether or not Emara would split up with him or not.

Nothing was worse than seeing her completely break down. We were sitting in silence, watching a TV show, and about halfway through something triggered her to start bawling. Though she was reluctant at first, she allowed me to keep her on my lap while she cried, and I rubbed her back until she had slowly fallen asleep.

Just as my eyes were skimming over the paragraph already written about the propaganda, Emara's phone buzzed an unknown number. I sighed, grabbing it and answering it so the sound wouldn't wake her up. I put the phone to my ear and didn't even get a chance to speak before the person on the other side answered.

"Emara, listen to me," Tristan's voice rushes out, causing my hand to tighten around the phone. "What happened in that picture was nothing, I swear! It's not going to happen again, baby, I promise—"

I hung up, slamming the phone down on the nightstand beside me. My hand was beginning to shake against Emara's back and I clenched it into a fist, inhaling slowly.

That bastard had the fucking nerve to call her as if to reassure her that he won't cheat on her again. I was going to beat his fucking ass.

"Kade," Emara grumbled, causing my hairs to stand on my arms with excitement at the sound of her voice. "What time is it?"

"Not very late," I mumbled back, "About quarter to twelve. Go back to sleep."

She shook her head, sitting up. I couldn't help but admire how adorable she looked in that Hello Kitty shirt, but the longer my stare the faster my thoughts would immediately become impure the longer I stared at her body.

"Are you listening, Kade?" Emara asked me, her red puffy eyes playfully narrowing at me. "Stop eye-fucking me."

"I'm not," I horribly lied, biting my lip when she turned so her back was facing me. My eyes looked down at her curvy body, stopping at her round ass and licking my lips.

"How are you feeling?" I asked, sitting up straighter so I was behind her. Emara's movements paused when I rested my hands on her waist before she grabbed some sweatpants and slipped them over her shorts.

"I want to cry for a few hours, trash Tristan's apartment like a crazy bitch and then go out for some lunch," she responded as I gathered her ink-black hair on top of her head.

I extended my hand and she handed me a thick elastic. I tied her hair up and once it was tight enough, I moved back and laid on the bed, facing the ceiling. Emara's smaller body followed suit, one of her arms resting on my chest.

"You're hesitant," she mumbled, her head on my shoulder. "Why?"

I sighed. "Do you regret anything that happened last night?"

She looked up at me, her lips pursed. "I wouldn't have had sex with you again this morning if I regretted it, Kade."

I looked away, my cheeks getting hotter. Fuck, why am I blushing?