Chapter Four

I managed to make the bus the next morning, after dragging Maya out of the house five minutes earlier than we left yesterday. It made a lot of difference, although we were still sat in traffic for far too long.

I popped into reception to ask Miss Baker for directions to my form room, then headed straight there. I didn't fancy hanging around like the younger year groups did, and I utilised the rule that sixth formers were allowed inside before form started.

I found I couldn't fully enter the room though, as someone was stood in the doorway, having an argument with who I assumed was our form tutor.

"But this is a natural hair colour! Blonde is literally a natural hair colour!"

"But it is not your natural hair colour, Cleopatra." I peeked around the open door to see the back of Cleopatras body. She had one hand on her hip, standing defensively as she glared at the front of the room.

"So? It's not Stacey's natural hair colour either and mine looks a lot less fake than hers!" She snapped back.

A chorus of oohs danced around the room, as a girl sat in the corner scoffed loudly. "Oh my god she's so weird."

I watched Cleopatra spin quickly to look at her. "Yeah? Well you know what I find weird? The fact that Mollie left Nathan's house this morning wearing the exact same dress as yesterday."

The room erupted into chaos, as Stacey jumped from her seat, fuming. "She would never cheat on me! You're only saying that to wind me up!"

I caught sight of Cleopatras smirk as she innocently tilted her head to the side. "Is it working?"

I stepped out of the way as Stacey shoved past the guys sat near the front, curses flying from her mouth as she stormed down the corridor.

The teacher sighed from the desk, "Do you want another day in isolation?"

I stepped into the room, deciding I might be able to save Cleopatra from yet another punishment. "Miss Rose?"

"Yes? Oh! You must be Tyr Lokison. Please, come here for a second, I have some paperwork for you to sign."

I sent Cleopatra a smile as she grinned, sneaking off to sit behind a group of guys who were huddled around someone's phone.

"It's nice to meet you, I heard about Mr Stewart giving you am isolation yesterday." Miss Rose smiled, her demeanour completely different from that of my business teacher the day before.

"Yeah," I gave a short laugh, "at least I know what he's like now."

Miss Rose offered me a sympathetic smile, before gesturing for me to take a seat. "Just try and be punctual next time Tyr."

"You sound like my Mum." I told her as I walked away. Her laugh rang behind me, and I felt a little better about this school.

I slid into the chair next to Cleopatra, swiftly picking up her bag that was on the seat and placing it on the table in front of us so I could sit down. She looked up with a grin, "Thanks for saving me back there God."

I bowed my head, "Don't mention it, oh wise Pharaoh." She snorted, then leant back in her chair. I looked at her for a second, before I spoke again. "You were telling the truth about that thing with Stacey?"

"Oh yeah."

At that, one of the boys in front of us turned around, his interest peaking. "What happened?"

"Oh, turn around Cartwright, I'm not talking to you." The guy next to him slapped him on the back, as Cleopatra turned her attention to me. "Stacey's cheated on Mollie three times in the four months they've been together. Nathan lives down the street from me and she left before school looking like she hadn't slept a wink. Just wait, Nathan's in our form too, I bet he says something."