𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟶: 𝙳𝚞𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚘𝚗𝚜 & 𝙳𝚛𝚊𝚐𝚘𝚗𝚜 & 𝙳𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚑

A hard thud from their five foot drop out of the portal brought One and Seven a harsh welcome to their new surroundings

A hard thud from their five foot drop out of the portal brought One and Seven a harsh welcome to their new surroundings. The excitement One had felt about escaping and rescuing Seven was quickly replaced with something new as she began to look around.

Her beloved brown house sat before her, but it was different than she remembered. It looked near ruin, with stripped paint, loose siding, and cracked windows. Despite the fact that it was winter, the yard was overgrown with weeds and the long grass rippled every so often from the movement of some unknown creature.

But it wasn't just the house that was changed, it was the whole atmosphere as well. The sky was a permanent gray, as if covered by one continuous and never-ending cloud. Ash slowly drifted around them, settling on their lab gowns and into their hair. A sense of fear also settled upon them as foreign and uninviting noises echoed in the distance.

One unknowingly spun in a series of circles as she tried to figure out what happened to the place she knew to be her childhood home. Had she managed to time travel again? Was this the end of the world? Her head spun from conflicting feelings; the elation of escape mixed with the dread of a dead end.

"Where are we?" Seven asked, spooking One. In the unceasing and unnatural quiet of the strange world, she had almost forgotten that he was there.

"I don't know..." One replied.

"Can you get us out of here?" Seven asked. One turned to face him with a motherly look of concern when she sensed the underlying fear in his voice. She wanted to protect him.

With a simple nod and a smile, One turned to find something to fixate on. She racked her mind for a new place to bring them to, but she could only think of the Lab and the brown house. Maybe if she tried the brown house again, it'd send them to the one she had visited before.

One concentrated on a dead tree in the distance but a portal never appeared before her. Of all the times for her ability to act up...She tried several times but the most she could get was sparks. Maybe she was out of juice?