New Begginings

First off: This story was inspired by @GeezusChristHarold x reader stories, so you should all definitely go check them out!

Some quick background:

You were adopted by Connie's family when you were just a baby, so you don't know anything about your birth parents other than one of them had a Lavender Quartz stone. Connie is 12, you are 13, and Steven is 14.

y/n = your name
g/p = gem placement

Hope you all enjoy :)

Y/N'S POV

Connie has recently been hanging out with a boy. What was his name again? Hmm... i'll remember eventually. I don't know much about him. All I know is that they play pretend together. Connie likes to tell me about the new "magic adventures" her and the boy go on.

I think she likes to make up these stories so that I don't feel so alone. My gem gives me the power to summon a purple colored scythe. I can also fly and read minds.

What really bothers me is that I have no idea where I got my gem since I never met my birth parents. Anyways, Connie tells me that the kid she hangs out with has a pink gem on his stomach and some gem friends that aren't human at all. Yeah right.

The sound of a seagull squawking breaks me out of my thought bubble. I look down, the wooden boards of the board walk creek as I walk on them. My backpack and school lanyard jingle with each step. Usually Connie would walk home with me, but her tennis season is starting and she has to stay after school to practice now. I sigh and look over to the ocean. It was such a beautiful blue, and the way the sun reflected off of it was almost blinding.

'Just a few minutes wouldn't hurt' I think as I run into the sand, kicking off my sneakers and socks near a big rock and tossed my backpack down next to them. I roll up the cuffs of my jeans before running into the ocean. There are no big waves here in Beach City, just little ripples that crash into your legs now and then. I breath in the salty air and sigh, closing my eyes. Everything was so calm. All I could hear was the water, the seagulls, and growling.

Wait. What?

I open my eyes to see what looked like a giant mammoth, dog, bear hybrid that got into some paint cans. It had two horns on the top of its head and it growled a low and angry growl. I had no idea where it came from, but it looked like it was crawling out of the ocean. It was so close, I could feel it's hot breath on me.

"N-nice monster." I say slowly backing away and putting my hands out so it could see i didn't have any weapon or tool to hurt it with. "I don't want any trouble."

But I guess the creature wasn't here to make friends. It ran at me full force and I quickly ran to the big rock I put my stuff near, sliding behind it for cover. I got a few seconds to breathe before the creature smashed the boulder. I quickly covered my head with my arms to try and protect myself from the flying pieces. I summoned my scythe to help me defend myself. I noticed a group of people running towards us but I didn't have time to get a closer look since i was kind of trying not to die.

Before I knew what was happening, a whip wrapped around the monster, trapping it. Then a spear was thrown into it, making it howl in pain. It doubled over in pain and would have crushed the people below me if one of them hadn't formed a giant shield to protect themselves with. Next thing I know, the monster simply poofed in a cloud, leaving nothing but a gem behind.

I ran over to the other people and put my scythe away. How could a group of humans flight like that? And how did they get those weapons? And what the heck was that thing?! I mean, I was impressed to say the least.

"That was awesome!" I gawked. "The name's y/n!" I held my hand out. They each looked at me in what seemed to be amazement and confusion. 'Did I do something wrong?'

I felt my smile fade and I went to put my hand down until I felt someone grab it and lightly shake it. It was a boy with a light red shirt that had a big yellow star in the middle. His hair was a dark brown, almost black color, and looked very poofy.

"Nice to meet you y/n! I'm Steven!"

A/N

Alright I hope you guys enjoyed the first chapter. Sorry it's so short. I love constructive criticism, so don't be afraid to leave comments!

There won't be any specific schedule for the story bc school can get a little overwhelming at times.