Chapter 5: Mackenzie This, Mackenzie That

Let's just get straight into it!

Key:

Y/N: Your Name

L/N: Last Name

E/C: Eye Color

F/C: Favorite Color

Ok, let the story continue, drum roll please... *drums*

Word Count: 2159

Y/N's POV:

I sat in my chair dozing off as Ms. Johnson, my boring chemistry teacher, was talking. She was a decent human being just not... a good teacher.

Just as I was about to slip into another 5 minute coma, I was rudely interrupted by a piercing screech, "Ms. L/N! If you doze off one more time I WILL be sending you to the office!" Ms. Johnson yelled at me.

I jumped in my chair and turned bright red as she yelled at me in front of the whole class. Some people were snickering while Nya just sent me an apologetic look from across the room. "Y..yes mam! It won't happen again!" I promised pleading that this was all just a dream.

"Ok, as I was saying we will be having a project about the ionic compounds we have been learning today in class. You will have to choose a compound, label all the parts, and then create a 3D replica of it. Since this will be your only day to work on this project in class, you will be in partners to get most of the work done and then do the rest outside of class. This will be due at the end of next class. Ok, let's get to work!" Ms. Johnson stated as I mentally groaned.

I looked over to Nya to see if she wanted to work on the project with me. The edges of her mouth lifted as she gave me finger guns signalling she would do it with me. We then gave each other an air high five from across the room.

As Nya was walking over I saw another figure come over to my desk and plop their elbow on the desk while resting their head on their elbow..

"What do you want Ace?" I groaned.

"Wanna work on the project with me, you know, with someone who knows what they are doing." He asked cockily while he ran a hand through his dark brown hair.

I laughed at the end of his statement and said, "The only thing you know how to do is break people's hearts. However, even if you did know what you were doing it doesn't make you smart. My friend is smart unlike somebody here. She is much better than you could ever be." I mumbled the last part.

He rolled his eyes, grunted and walked away to find one of his friends to complain to or to come up with a threat to get a poor kid to do the project for them.

"For a second there, I thought you were going to ditch me" Nya said while still looking at the teenage version of a 4-year-old whine to his friends.

I snorted, "Never in a million years, especially not for that poor excuse of a highschooler."

"Just wanted to make sure"

Me and Nya began to construct our compound, thinking it would be easiest to get the hardest section of the project over with. As our fingers fiddled with construction paper and styrofoam balls we decide to use this time to get to know each other better.

"What's your favorite color?" Nya asked.

"Easily f/c! It's the best color!" I stated. "What about yours?"

"Blue! It's my favorite and its..." Nya responded but I interrupted her before she finished her sentence.

"Jay's favorite color too" I smirked.