Sale

Axel's POV

I sigh, putting my dad's truck into park. I look up at the house, taking a deep breath. I play with my phone in my hand, my mind replaying the recent text message I received in concern to Hazel.

After not even a single comment or question about Hazel, someone wants to meet her. I had a long day at work and would rather not do this now, but they seemed anxious and I don't want to scare away any potential buyers.

It's already five, so I don't have any time to procrastinate with her. I said we would be at the coffee shop at six and I know it's going to be a struggle to get Hazel ready.

"Master!" Hazel grins up at me as I walk into the house. Chicken broth wafts through the house and I hum at the smell.

"Hey, Hazel," I greet her, patting her on the head hesitantly.

"You're back early," my dad observes, checking the clock. I nod, awkwardly stuffing my hands into my pockets.

"Yes... someone was interested in meeting Hazel... I thought it would be good to just do it today." I glance down at her. I can't quiet read her. I can tell she is disappointed, but I also think she is slightly excited to meet her potential future dominant. "We should leave soon. I said we would be there at six," I say carefully.

Hazel nods and looks over at my dad. I can tell he isn't happy about my decision, but it's my decision to make.

Hazel is quiet while I get her ready. "Is he nice?" She asks me, snapping me out of my thoughts as I finish up brushing her hair.

"Oh... yeah," I lie, having no idea as to who is are actually meeting. She'll be much calmer if I tell her this, probably in a much better mood too.

The better mood she is in, the better chance that this dominant will want her.

"Am I going to wear this?" She asks me, squirming as I brush her hair.

"Uh yeah..." I say, not sure what else she would wear.

"Do you think I look okay in it? You don't think he'll think I'm ugly?" She asks and a slight smile comes onto my face. As if anyone could think she is ugly.

"It will be fine." I'm not spending money on a dress or something when I don't even know if she'll sell. I don't want to spend any extra money on her if I don't have to.

I leave her on the bathroom counter, going to check my phone as I hear it buzz. It's not the dominant, so I leave it be to go finish with Hazel.

"I'm so nervous," I hear her say.

"You look beautiful," my dad compliments her and I hear her sigh heavily.

"Do you think they'll like me?"

"I don't know how anyone couldn't...so you're excited to meet this new dominant?" My dad asks her sighing loudly.

"He could be the one... and I mean if Master doesn't want me...Do you think it will be magical? Like he'll fall in love with me at first sight?"

"I sure hope so, Sugar. How about we get you into something a little more special though?" He asks her and I back track down the hall a bit.

He carries her into his bedroom and I creep forward, wincing as the floor boards creek under my weight. My size makes it hard to sneak around.

I hear Hazel gasp, "It's beautiful. Are you sure?"

"It was Kara's, but I think she'd want you to have it." My heart melts a little. He dresses and helps her stand up as she looks over herself in the mirror.