06 | Be Careful

P E A R L

P E A R L

"Say you'll see me again even if it's just in your-"Nevaeh handed me an invisible makeshift microphone in her hand.

I just stared at her like she had gone mad.

"Wildest dreams ahhhh ahh-" She returned her hand to her face, singing into her closed hand.

I shoved a pillow at her, making sure it hit her face hard.

She groaned, and her mood changed in point two seconds.

"If I hear you call me boring one more time, I will embarrass you at school."

"Get out," I drawled, dragging her out of my room.

"Leave your hair out; you kinda look decent-"

I slammed the door shut in her face.

Silence.

I mentally counted to three.

"You weren't the one for, youuu, weren't the one for meee-"

"I don't think Khalid would appreciate your disturbing vocals," I shouted at my door and heard her voice fading away.

I pinched the bridge of my nose and trudged to my mirror.

I never leave my hair out, it's always in a ponytail or a low bun.

It was too frizzy to be let out, and I didn't know how to tame my curls, so I mostly straightened it or tied it up.

My phone resounded from my bed, and I internally groaned, wanting just a moment for myself.

"Hello," I answered.

"Choose a number between one to three," Teagan rushed out.

"Three," I replied.

"Dammit," She whispered.

"Told you," Edvany's voice chimed in the back.

"Is it an ugly outfit?" I asked, pulling my hair away from my face and using a hair tie from my wrist to loosely tie it back.

"No, but Teagan's just picky," Edvany chuckled. "Get some outfits ready, we'll be at yours in five."

The line cut.

Beautiful, I thought sarcastically.

I chose random outfits from my closet and sprawled them on my bed.

When my bedroom door sounded like a pack of wolves were about to knock it down, I opened it, and my two friends almost jumped me.

"Get off me, hyenas." I pushed them off me and let them scrutinise the outfits on my bed.

"Defs not," Teagan moved one outfit aside. It was a plain cream-coloured minidress with silver jewellery.

"Nuh uh," Edvany moved the second outfit away. It was a white crop top with a lavender coloured mini skirt.