Break My Heart and I'll Break Your Car. Chapter Seventeen.

Chapter Seventeen.

My mother held my stare with no problem, "Yes. It is because of you, your ruining this family. Trying to break our routine, what made us function." she said and I clenched my jaw.

"Made us function? I'm pretty sure no one was happy." I said and her gaze wavered with uncertainty for a moment.

"Okay, you two calm down. I want to hear everyone's point of view, on this matter, and what they reallywant to do." my father said. Rubbing his face with his hands, trying to be the peacemaker like always. "Jane how about you go first?" my father said softly, and Jane looked up.

"I like being a ballerina...but I don't like mommy and Raine fighting." she said her eyes on her lap, I felt guilty. I never thought our arguing, had affect on Jane. She always seemed so...happy still. Like nothing could bother her.

"Thank you Jane, now you next Rider." my father said and Rider looked down at his lap. His fingers intertwined, as he looked nervous.

"I think mom is unfair to Raine, and also I don't want to play football. I want to...s-sing" he murmured the last word and my mother stifled a small gasp, as I smiled a small smile.

I was surprised that he wanted to sing, but in this family we all had our own dirty secrets.

"Umm, Okay. Wes?" my dad said, he was bit shocked by the revelation but he covered it up easily and turned his full attention to Wesley.

"I love football, but mom is unfair to Raine. It's not her fault she was born different," he said with a wink and I couldn't help the full smile on my lips.

"This is ridiculous, I'm getting ganged up on for wanting to best for my daughter," my mother screeched,getting upfrom the chair. My dad sat her back down, gently and she gave him a look.

"I want this family, to be a family again. With all these secrets, and unhappiness it wont be. So please, listen everyone out." he said and she nodded an unhappy nod. Folding her arms, and leaning backwards into the chair. She didn't make eye contact with anyone, only stared at the wall. "Quinn, would you like to say anything?" my dad asked.

Quinn looked a bit uneasy, as he opened and closed his mouth a few times. Natalie laid a comforting hand on his shoulder, and gave him an encouraging smile.

"I love you mom, you know I do. I believe that in your mind, you fully believe your doing the right thing, but your not. Raine is just like you, she's stubborn, and when she believes in something, she fully believes in it." Quinn said not taking a deep breath until the end.

My mom stayed planted, her eyes still on the wall. I could sense the tension in the air.

"Okay..."

"I'm not done dad," Quinn said interrupting my dad and my dad stopped and let him continue. "Raine, you need to understand where moms coming from, and look at it from her point view, before judging her so harshly." he said and then sunk down into the love seat. Setting a hand on Natalie's even bigger stomach now.

My mom looked up at now, revealing the tears in her eyes. "Thank you Quinn, for some sort of defense," she sniffled.

"I'm not judging her, she's judging me! She doesn't even know me," she scoffed at that and I spun around. My eyes immediately landed on hers, "What you think you know me? Tell me, please enlighten me one thing about me?" I asked, leaning towards her. Daring her with my eyes.

"You love pageants," she said with a small smile. Her eyes showing, achievement, and pride thinking she understood me.

"I used to love pageants, but then they turned into a job not a pleasure. I hate them now, you ruined them for me," I said and she looked taken back.

"No. No. No, You love pageants, I know it." she said shaking her head trying to erase the words I spoke.

"NO! I hate them!" I screamed, loosing my self-control. I couldn't stand this, that the truth was right in front of her but she chose not to believe it.

"Cal-"

"STOP LYING! PLEASE, STOP LYING!" my mother screamed at the top of her lungs cutting my father off, as she stood up. "Stop lying to me, I know you love your pageants, you do. You do!" she whispered the last part, before turning away and running upstairs.

She ran away like a child, while my father chased helplessly behind her. Us kids stayed silent, in the living room.

A phone buzzed, and Wesley left. Rider eventually disappeared upstairs, Jane not to far behind him. "We better get going..." Quinn said standing up and helping Natalie up.

"Raine," Natalie said hesitantly and I looked at her. Tears slightly blurring my vision as I wiped them away with an angry sweep.

"Yes?" I snapped, and then sighed apologetically. I couldn't help it, I was so angry at my mother for not listening to me. Not believing me. Not loving me, for me.

"Quinn, go to the car I want to talk to Raine alone," she said and Quinn nodded.

He kissed her cheek and then kissed my forehead, before disappearing out the door. Natalie walked towards me, and pulled me into a tight hug.

I laid my head on her shoulder, a few traitor tears escaping before I pulled away. "I hate pageants, I really do." I spoke, wanting her to believe me and not my mom.

"I believe and your mom does too. She's just too scared to admit that she doesn't know one damn thing about her children, and that, that makes her a coward," Natalie said with disgust. "You are a wonderful girl, anyone would be lucky to have you as a daughter, remember that okay?" she said, making me look her in the eye.

"Okay." I said looking her in the eye, and giving her a watery smile.

"Okay, now you call me whenever you need to talk. No matter what time, or if you need help." she said looking at me until I gave a short nod.

She smiled and hugged me again. Kissing my cheek, before leaving out the door.

"She's lying, she wants to ruin my family. Ruin it!" I heard my mother scream, and then she began to cry.

Sobs that would break a persons heart, but it didn't break mine. It just made me disgusted. Why couldn't she be strong?

The mother is always the strongest person in the family, Natalie's words rang in my ears, 'She's just too scared to admit she doesn't know one damn thing abut her children, and that, that makes her a coward,' she said.

What Natalie didn't know, was that I was a coward too. I couldn't own up that I liked racing, because I couldn't stand to see there disapproving looks directed at me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't have much to say, but I hoped you enjoyed this chapter. :)

COMMENT. VOTE. BECOME A FAN!

P.S. 'The Boy In The Polka Dotted Bikini' will be uploaded as soon as my editor sends me back my chapter, which should be soon. :P