Chapter 11

Gabriel's POV

"It's Felicia she's getting married in two days and she sent you a letter."

I couldn't fathom what just came out of Luca's mouth. I got up from the couch and i heard his footsteps come closer. Was he in front of me now?
I couldn't know cause i was fucking blind. And thats the problem there, I couldnt see and I couldnt read the stupid letter either and i doubt I wanted anyone to see what was in that letter including Lucas. Even though I knew he was my bestfriend and all.

"Dude, are you Okay?" I answered his question with the nod of my head. Of course I'm okay. Why wouldn't I be? She was at the bottom of my heart from the day i caught her cheating.

"Should I read it? The letter I mean." I didn't know what to give him as an answer. This was happening all too soon. I was speechless so with shaky hands and also a nod of my head, I gave him a go ahead gesture.

"Dear Gabriel, I'm sorry for not letting you know about me and Jack sooner. Truth be told he was the one I loved, I feel ashamed to say this but you were practically the side guy. I never had feelings for you and I'm sorry I led you on. I hope you find love some day. Felicia."  Luca finished reading the letter and i didn't know how to feel. So I was the one coming inbetween their relationship and not the other way around?
I cant believe I loved a woman like her. Who am i kidding I still do and that makes me feel more useless than I already am. Luca realizing I needed some time alone gave me a pat on my back and then stepped out of the library.

I was just basically tired of everything. Life had definetely thrown it's worst at me and all at the same time. I felt weak and like a loser. I lost the woman I love and even my eyesight. I couldn't take it anymore the weight of it all fell on me and I slowly slumped down on the floor and did the last thing I ever thought I would do after my grandma's death. Cry.

Sierra's POV

I was growing more anxious as time went by, I couldn't for the life of me concentrate on the stupid book I was reading. Seconds turned into minutes and minutes getting to an hour. Thinking that Luca would have surely left by now, I closed the book I was deceiving myself with jumped down from my bed and went down the stairs towards the library. On reaching there I could hear someone sobbing hysterically. I heard never heard a man cry so sorrowfully, men never did shed much tears and even when they did, it wouldn't be as much as I heard him cry right now. Thinking about this I could not imagine the amount of pain he was in and hoping I could calm him down; I raised my hand up in a bid to knock on the door but i couldnt get myself to knock. So facing the other way i slid down on the door and sat with my back leaning on the door. Listening to him cry was so creepy but i couldnt get myself to walk back to my room. An outsider who didnt know him would think he had everything from a glance but they didn't know the burden he carried everyday. I didn't know when a lone tear slipped out of my eyes, immediately cleaning it off I stood up and decided it was time to go in. Not knowing what to do or say to him; I walked into the library without a second thought.

I walked closer to where he was sitting which was on the floor close to the couch by the wall. Seeing him from a close up view was way worse than listening to him cry, he looked like he had lost everything he had, he didn't have the same aura he exuded and i honestly think I preferred him the way he was, as the arrogant boss. At least I knew how to approach him that way. If that made him happier. With shaky hands, I squat down to his level without knowing what my next move was going to be. Before my body could send any information to my brain I stretched out my hands and gave him a hug. My brain was telling me otherwise but right now my heart was speaking louder than any part of my brain.

The most unusual thing happened next. He actually let me hug him and he started crying into my shoulders.

After staying like that for a long while and I didn't hear any more sobs coming from him, I retracted my embrace and stood up immediately. He cleaned off any remaining tears left on his eyes and the whole atmosphere became awkward I didn't know what to say and he looked the same way too. So I helped him up and helped him sit down on the couch he was resting on earlier.

"Mr. Gabriel uhmmm I'll go check if Mrs. Buono has lunch ready" I smiled to no one in particular and watched him nod before going out of the door. My heart was beat faster than it was originally designed to beat, I didn't know how to feel. He didn't say anything about me hugging him.

He just finished crying dummy, he wouldnt say anything now. He's not in his right frame of mind. My subconscious reminded me. That was true, he wouldnt say anything now but when he felt like himself again he would probably reprimand me against doing that. Atleast I felt what it was like to give him a hug even if the circumstances were off.

Getting to the dinning I saw Mrs Buono had already set everything up.
"Oh dear you're here, I was about to go call you two to come get lunch."

"I'll just bring Mr. Gabriel here. Thanks " I smiled to her and walked out of the kitchen.

                           ***********
We were currently having dinner and nothing had been said between any one of us. After lunch I had dropped him off at his room thinking he would need good rest, he didn't say anything then and even when I brought him down for dinner he also didn't say anything . I was just tossing the green peas on my plate from left to right as I didn't really have an appetite for food currently. I looked up at him to see him doing the same thing i was doing, it almost looked like he wanted to say something but then again i wouldnt know how to read him.

"Sierra" he finally spoke and i was mentally preparing myself for the scolding he would give me. Here goes nothing.

"Thank you" immediately he said that I unknowingly let my cutlery down and it hit the plate with a clatter sound. This was the second time he was telling me thank you and it felt so unusual to me, I didn't know how to feel at all.
"Sierra are you Okay? What was that sound?"

"Uhmm it's nothing sir, my fork mistakenly fell out of my hands, I have a grip problem" I laughed dryly.
And he actually laughed too. Hold up hold up where was my employer at? Cause this fine man sitting in front of me was definetely not him and what i said wasn't even funny, the hell?

"Like i said Sierra thank you for being there for me." He said with the warmest smile I had ever seen him put on.
"It really was nothing, Sir."
"Call me Gabriel, Sierra. You're making me sound old." "Okay then Gabriel." It sounded foreign coming from my mouth but i liked the sound of his name without a Mr. I liked this side of Gabriel, he was laughing and bringing up conversations all through dinner and that's the way i liked dinner time. But like they say all good things come to an end and we were currently up in Gabriel's room. I was as always setting up what he needs for bed.

"Goodnight Sierra." He said to me.

"Goodnight Gabriel." I smiled and walked out. Today was a really good day and he's smile would surely visit my dreams this night. After getting ready for bed, I climbed into bed and texted my sister. I realized I hadn't talked to her for the longest time. The last time we talked it ended up in a mini fight and when my sister and i fought we never really liked admitting we were wrong. We would just start talking very randomly. And I   decided to be the bigger person and end this squabble.

I closed my eyes willing sleep to come but i didn't know why i couldnt fall asleep. Constant questions floating around in my head. Why was Gabriel crying today? What really happened to him? Why didn't his family ever come around to see him? And most importantly, Who broke him?

Woahhhhhhhhhh guysss I'm so happy the season of writers block has gone by. I promise from now on steady updates. A lot is about to happen and i hope every one that started this book is still here until this point. Also don't forget to share, leave comments please your comments urge me to continue writing and also vote!! Trust me it's free. Lol.
Leave a comment of how youre enjoying the book so far and questions that are running through your minds. Thankss. Lots of love. 💗💗💗💗💫💫