Rina (3)

"So why are you here again?" Aki asked as he placed down the latte Rina ordered.

Today was the third time his sister dropped by the cafe this week. Aki was worried that something might have happened again involving that guy she mentioned last time. But she waved off his concern with a smile.

"I'm a customer," Rina grinned while attempting to look innocent, as she took out her phone to take pictures of her food from every angle. Aki rolled his eyes.

"Shouldn't you be studying?" Aki crossed his arms. If he remembered correctly, his sister was aiming for a state university. It was hard to get into that school that many students study from morning till the next morning. Yet his sister was calmly sipping her drink.

"I am studying," she said as she pointed to her books and notebooks lying in front of her. She perked up when the door to the cafe opened. "Hi Liam!"

For reasons beyond Aki, the two had gotten really friendly with each other on the few occasions that they met in the cafe. Aki narrowed his eyes at her sister and glared. But his glare softened when Liam came near.

"You can sit here," Rina pointed at the seat opposite her and cleaned up her things scattered on the table to give room for Liam.

Liam took his seat, his eyes meeting Aki's. "You'll be finished soon right? Join us once you're done with your shift."

Aki glanced at the clock. He still had thirty minutes more before his shift ended. He went back to work and finished right on time. By the time he made it to the table, the two were discussing Rina's future plans.

"Where do you plan to study next year?" Liam asked.

"T University!" Rina glanced at his brother. "That's why, if I get into it, how about I'll move to your place and we'll live together?"

Before Aki could open his mouth to answer, Liam beat him to it. "I don't think that's advisable. You might not be comfortable living with two guys."

Rina tilted her head in confusion as she tried to understand what Liam meant, gasping when she did, her eyes darting from Liam to Aki and then back again. Liam only smiled while Aki pretended to be busy with his phone.

Their conversation naturally died down after that. Liam excused himself and went to the restroom. Rina wasted no second and began questioning Aki.

"You're living together?! You moved in with him? As in as lovers?" She hissed, ducking her head low so only Aki could hear her.

Aki copied her as he kept an eye to the direction of the restroom. "As in roommates!"

She frowned and opened her mouth as if she was not convinced and sat back on her chair. "Then why didn't you mention this before? Why be secretive? And your blush is betraying you by the way."

Aki opened and closed his mouth. The words he wanted to say was caught in his throat.

Rina sighed, looking more deflated than him. "Don't lie. You're quite obvious with your feelings when you like someone. That's how I know about Zy before." She gasped as if she remembered something. "Don't tell me it's another one-sided? Aki..."

"...I don't know." He did not want to know. He was afraid to know. If it was the same as before, then wow, he never learned at all.

"What do you plan to do with it?"

"Uhhh, nothing? Proceed as usual?"

Liam came back. He must have sensed the weird atmosphere as he looked between Rina who was reading and Aki who was busy watching people outside. But he did not say anything and sat next to Aki quietly.

Rina's words caused Aki to feel alarmed. If what she said was true, then wouldn't Liam know it too?

"Liam, do you have a girlfriend? Boyfriend? Lover? Or anyone you date right now?" Rina asked out of the blue.

Aki choked on his drink and widened his eyes at his sister as if saying 'what the fork are you saying!'

"I'm asking because I have these amusement park tickets," Rina said to him pointedly, waving the tickets in between them.

"Then why don't you use it yourself?" Aki bit his lip to stop himself from speaking but it was too late as Rina already caught on his meaning.

Rina gave them a wry smile. "I have no one to invite." She narrowed her gaze at Aki. "You, don't have either. That's why I'm asking Liam." Then with a shrug, she added, "Or better yet, you go together. I don't care how you use it."

Liam seemed to be considering it. "How much?"

Rina tilted her head to the side before she waved her hand in front of her in a haste. "No no. I got that for free. There's a park near my school and I guess it's their dry season at this time of the year so their employees are giving away tickets. That's how I got it."

Liam smiled. "Alright. Thank you." He smiled at Aki that caught Aki by surprise because of how dazzling it was. "When should we go?"