xii

song(s) for this chapter: family affair X mary j

song(s) for this chapter: family affair X mary j. blige

"Are you sure?" Nadira asked, with wide eyes. Rayne and Xavier laughed and nodded for the fourth time that hour.

"Yes, Nadira. We're very sure," Rayne said, running her hand through her hair, her diamond ring glittering in the light of the restaurant they were seated at this Friday evening. Last Sunday, X and Rayne had finally gotten engaged and they were requesting that Nadira plan the affair. She was extremely nervous about even considering planning a wedding. The most she'd ever done were engagement parties and baby showers.

A wedding was one of the most important days of peoples lives, and they wanted to entrust her with that massive responsibility?

They like me that much? She thought to herself.

"W-well, I'm honored! Thank y'all so much" she said, smiling wide. "Um, well we can get started by you guys giving me a guest list so I can start looking at venues, and your colors as well," she spoke.

"Okay, I can email you the list tonight, and we're thinking of going either going navy and a rose color or navy, burgundy and gold. Leaning more toward the second option though," Rayne told her. Nadira typed all of it into her phone, as well as a reminder to get to Target and buy a wedding planner, she was going to need it to stay organized.

They set up another meeting within the next week. They weren't trying to wait too long so as fast as Nadira could find a venue and secure a date, is when they'd get the invitations out. Ray had already begun dress shopping online. She was looking to get something made and was trying to find the best seamstress she could find in Atlanta. They were hoping within six to eight months they'd be married.

If it could be sooner, they'd have it sooner.

"Girl, I am so nervous," Nadira spoke to Saija as she finished packing her bag

"Girl, I am so nervous," Nadira spoke to Saija as she finished packing her bag. This weekend was Gionni's father's birthday party and she'd be spending the entire weekend at his house, from tonight to Sunday evening. While she'd slept over with him before that was one night, and Nayeli was wasn't there.