40

For Christmas and New Years, Alex and Rosanna decided that it would only be fitting to travel back over to England to see their families. Alex hadn't visited his parents since before he and the band went on their Suck It And See tour. Rosanna on the other hand, hadn't seen her family either since her visit before she broke up with Andy since she'd spent the previous Christmas in Sheffield with her friends.

Seeing as Alex's birthday fell in early January, the two of them agreed that they would spent Christmas together in Leeds with Rosanna's family and then come back to Sheffield to see Alex's family for New Years and Alex's twenty-seventh. Other than New Years, they'd be spending the whole time together with none other of their friends joining them. It was the first time they'd done such a thing and although they'd both met each other's parents before, felt as though they had to reintroduce each other now as their significant other.

  Alex had napped the majority of the plane ride to Leeds. His head heavy on Rosanna's shoulder as she sat beside him with her nose buried in yet another poetry book. Both rugged up in layers upon layers of clothing to protect them from the freezing cold winter temperatures. Rosanna's parents had offered to pick them up from the airport and the two of them were going to be staying at her parent's house over Christmas.

  A muted 'bing' sounded, causing Rosanna to shift her gaze upwards. The plane's seatbelt sign had turned on, indicating that they were soon to land. Closing her book, she sat up slowly, careful not to drop Alex's head, and clipped on her seatbelt.

  "Al," she said quietly and kissed Alex's forehead. "Al we're landing."

  Alex stirred from his slumber and slowly opened his eyes. Looking confused for a second at where exactly he was, he sat up and rubbed his tired eyes. "Hmm?" He murmured tiredly and looked over at her. Rosanna smiled softly at him and kissed his cheek.

"Put your seatbelt back on, we're landing," she said.

Alex stretched his back out and leant back into his chair. "How long were I asleep for?" He asked as he clipped the belt around his waist.

"Bout the whole thing," Rosanna chuckled and fixed his hair.

"Sorry love," Alex said guiltily. "I promise I'll be more animated on the way back."

  They walked out of the plane holding hands, the first to exit due to the seats Alex had bought and almost immediately, Rosanna spotted her parents at the gate. Wide smiles on their faces as they spotted them. Rosanna rushed up to them and hugged her mother tightly as Alex shook her father's hand.

  "Alexander! How good to see you darling!" Rosanna's mum exclaimed and hugged him tight as Rosanna greeted her father. "So I heard you two are no longer friends?" Her mother smiled cheekily. The two of them looked at each other and smiled sheepishly.

  "We're still friends," Rosanna laughed.

  "Best friends," Alex chuckled. Mr and Mrs Barnes-Carter smiled at the two young love birds and helped them with their luggage, grabbing their suitcases off the conveyor belt and then leading them to their car. Rosanna's parents adored Alex and bombarded him with questions about his music career during the drive from the airport.

  Pulling up at Rosanna's parents house, it began to snow softly from the layer of grey clouds above. Everyone's heads and eyelashes coated with small specks of white as they carried their luggage inside. Rosanna smiled when she looked at Alex as they walked through the front door, the tip of his nose was pink and made him look cute and merry.

  "We've set up the guest room for you two," Rosanna's mum said, leading them through the warmly lit house. It was decorated to heaven with different Christmas items. A wreath on the front door, red candles and plastic holly on the fireplace, a big Christmas tree in the corner topped with a star. Alex felt immediately welcome like he always did. Rosanna's mother loved decorating her house for Christmas.