IX

Watching the unknown male with narrowed eyes, Yoongi was quick to place his hands firmly against the table, sliding out his chair as he went to stand

Watching the unknown male with narrowed eyes, Yoongi was quick to place his hands firmly against the table, sliding out his chair as he went to stand. An elemental was close, and he sure as hell wasn't going to pass up on the opportunity of gathering another. 

Catching onto the male's actions, Jin was quick to reach out a hand, grabbing Yoongi tightly by the forearm, "No wait-" Jin exclaimed, locking eyes with the raven haired male as he loosened his hold, "Let him go."

Furrowing his brows, Yoongi gestured towards the man ordering his coffee, "But he's right there-"

Jin shook his head in disapproval, watching as Yoongi slowly sat back into his seat with a slouch. Leaning over the table, Jin spoke to the group, "We're in no place to fight right now." he commented, earning confused glances from the trio, "There are civilians everywhere."

"Fight?" Hoseok questioned, raising a brow as he crossed his arms firmly over his form. 

"You've experienced it right? A time where you had to face off against supernatural entities?" Jin began to explain through his accent, earning a chorus of uneasy nods from the group. 

Yoongi brought his hand to his neck, lightly tracing his fingers over the fading bruise marks he'd received from his close encounter with death. He almost shuddered at the memory of piercing golden eyes and a reptile like tongue from a man who chased him with absolute desperation. Same went for Hoseok, head beginning to throb at the memory of being run down during one of his street performances. 

Jin continued to explain, "An elementals location is only triggered once, and that's by the first contact between the collector of the elements, and the elemental."

Yoongi's eyes widened, lips parting in awe, "The electric shock." he spoke bluntly, avoiding eye contact as he sunk into thought. 

Snapping his fingers, Jin continued, "Exactly." he confirmed, "It's a blessing and a curse for us elementals, which is why if you haven't noticed I've been avoiding contact with you, Aurora." he grinned, gesturing towards her surprised form. Pushing her nearly finished hot chocolate away from her, Aurora couldn't help but find it hard to swallow. 

Yoongi was quick to speak up, "Oh, I thought you were just being rude or something and didn't wanna offer a handshake."

"Shut up Yoongi." Hoseok scoffed, shooting him a glare 

Fidgeting with her fingernails, Aurora faced the blonde, "So in other words, I shouldn't pursue him just yet?"

Jin gave a sorrowful smile, "No, but I'm sure he'll show up again soon."

She let out a drastic sigh, "I sure hope so." she murmured, taking her drink back into her hands as she began to stir around with the straw. The whipped cream and marshmallows blended into the rich hue of the hot chocolate, steam still rising from the drink and warming her. 

Taking note of the tension, Hoseok's mind began to race with things to say, "Lets look on the bright side! By having Seokjin around, we don't need to carry that heavy book everywhere. Seokjin can be our elemental radar!" he chirped, causing Yoongi to choke on his drink beside him. 

Letting out a tired breath, Seokjin shook his head, "I'm not a machine, but yes I can be." he paused before he continued, "But I won't be staying with you for a while."

Aurora frowned, "Wait, how come?"

He chuckled, "I came to earth twenty odd years ago in search of the elementals only to discover they were all just newly borns, one of them wasn't even born yet!" he exclaimed, pushing away his finished cup of tea and taking a hold of the handle of his black umbrella "Do you really think I've lived this long on earth without a job?" he questioned, pushing out his chair and standing to his feet. At first, Aurora hand't taken in his attire, more so his appearance. As he stood tall and proud, Aurora could now see his perfectly tailored suit, neatly fastened tie and cuffs held together by polished silver. Her jaw almost dropped as he gestured towards the rather expensive looking car outside the front window, black finish almost sparkling in the rain. "For your information, I'm actually a CEO." he smirked, slipping a hand into the pocket of his suit, "And I have a meeting to attend. The bearer of time can't possibly be late." he laughed, "I'll drop in soon okay. Don't die!"

Giving a small wave, the trio watched on as Seokjin left through the cafe door, shielded from the pouring rain by his black umbrella before hopping into the safety of his car. There was a silence among the group, information overload almost. For they had just met the universe's original bearer of time. 

Yoongi clicked his tongue against the inside of his cheek, 

"That was... interesting?"

 interesting?"