(30)

Song Above: Ocean Eyes Billie Eilish

If you like this story then please check out my new story Me You And Winnie The Pooh! It needs all the love it can get! 😊🐻🍯

I lay on my back and let my body move with the waves. I felt them ripple and cascade over me their blue and green colour reflecting the sunlight. With time the water had warmed and I could feel the humidly of the wind gently caressing my skin. It was the first time in years that I had felt at peace.

A smile formed on my lips and I turned my head to my side to find Brody watching me. He was stood waist-deep in the water, the waves crashing against his hips. His skin was a golden syrup colour from the sun and his hair had curled from the water. Tiny droplets of water ran from his hair to all the way down and my eyes trailed his body. His shoulders were broad with tiny specs of brown freckles, his stomach was flat and his abs were defined from his years of sports. I remembered how it felt above mine and my smile instantly dropped at the memory.

What was I doing?

I turned my head away and stared up at the sky trying to regain my thoughts. It didn't help that Rose and Ryan had gone to get ice cream and had left us on our own.

When Ryan was around it distracted me from the feelings I had for Brody. It was only a small amount but it was still there. It was weird. Despite the fact he drove me insane, caused me stress and made me want to swing for him, deep down I still had these feelings niggling away at me.

I know what we had was never anything more than hooking up, but I'd fell for his charm just like every other girl and I couldn't help it. You'd think him being my best friends boyfriend and me dating his brother would make them go away but unfortunately, it didn't.

I liked Ryan, I liked him a lot more than I officially had thought but sometimes I felt like it wasn't the same. Maybe with time, it would be. Who knows.

"You have seaweed in your hair," Brody's breath fanned my face and I jolted to my feet. I hadn't noticed him move closer to me. He let out a chuckle and moved his hand to remove a big chunk of seaweed that had wedged its way into my hair. His palm skinned my cheek and I felt my stomach flip. He dropped his hand to his side and my face was still warm from his touch.

"Thhannkk youu," I stammered, running a hand through my hair in order to flatten it and make sure there was no more seaweed.

"It's no problem," He chuckled.

"It must have been from Rose jumping on me," I tried to slide in the name of his girlfriend to remind him of that fact and to remind myself that he had a girlfriend.

"What were you thinking about just then?" His face had turned serious, he tilted his head to the side and his eyes scanned my features for an answer.

I gulped and shifted uncomfortably, "Just thinking about ice cream," I lied.

How could I tell him I was thinking about him?

"Ice cream?" He cocked a brow. He wasn't buying it and I prayed he wouldn't press further.

"Yeah," I shrugged, "I was thinking about all the different flavours and stuff,"

"What flavours?" Hats off for him playing along. He would have normally called me out.

"Vanilla, Chocolate, Strawberry-"

"Basic flavours then?"

I gasped, "They are not basic, they are the OG's,"

He let out a laugh, "The OG's?"

"Yes, the original gangsters of the ice cream world,"

He shook his head, "See you've got it all wrong,"

"Have I? Care to explain?" I crossed my arms over my chest and waited.

"It's all about the sorbet, cleanses the palette, is refreshing and isn't too sweet,"

"Sorbet isn't ice cream," I exclaimed.

I went to continue but felt an unbreakable force knock me off my feet. The waves lapped over me and the heavyweight made it difficult for me to reach the surface. I felt the water closing in from all sides and I desperately gasped for air. My lungs squeezed smaller by the pressure, my heart was beating against my chest and all I could hear was this sharp ringing noise. I thought this was it. This was the end.

I was already saying my final prayers when I felt strong arms wrap around me. They quickly lifted me from below the surface and I gasped, breathing in all the air I could. I coughed aggressively and my throat burned. My eyes were shut and I flung them open to find myself face to face with Brody. My head was against his bare chest and his eyes looked down at me wide and afraid. He held me so tightly I thought I was going to lose circulation. We were now on the shore and I could feel stares boring into my face from the onlookers around.

"Are you okay?" He whispered softly, his hand brushing my hair out of my face. I went to speak but only managed to croak a response. I couldn't comprehend what had happened. His eyes flickered all over my face, his eyebrows furrowed and the colour had drained from his cheeks.

"I thought I had lost you, you were under for a while," His voice cracked and I thought he was going to cry.

He continued his voice loud enough for only me to hear, "I don't know what I'd do, I can't lose you too,"

I went to speak but the sound of yelling and feet bounding towards us stopped me. In a matter of seconds, I was pulled from his arms and into another. Brody's face was replaced with Ryan's and I would be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed.

"What happened?" Rose's eyes were wide and glassy as she held onto Brody's arm. I assumed that meant I didn't look so great. The ice creams were in a heap on the floor covered in sand from where they had chucked them.

"A wave came and knocked her under," Brody's lips were in a fine line and his expression was cold. He was staring at Ryan's arms around me rather than our faces.

"You nearly drowned? Oh my god." Ryan's hand grabbed my face and I leant back to get out of his grasp. I knew he was trying to help but it felt uncomfortable.

"Are you okay Ivy? I can't believe it. That is so scary," Rose said holding tighter to Brody's arm for support. He didn't seem to notice as he was too preoccupied with staring at me. He had an expression I couldn't decipher.

"I shouldn't have left," Ryan held me to his chest and his cologne was sickly sweet. I'd probably die from the intensity of his grasp and smell rather than drowning.

"I'm fine," I mumbled. The initial shock had worn off and now I just wanted everyone to stop crowding me. I grabbed his hand and moved them to his sides. I stepped back, found my feet, wobbling slightly but grounded myself after a second.

I forced a smile on my face that wavered, "Can we get some more ice cream?"

Thereeee you go! Chapter 30! 😊

What's everyone's opinion so far? What would you like to see in upcoming chapters? I'm open to suggestions and would love to hear all your thoughts!