Chapter 9 - Excuses

Isaac Calland

The airstewardess told me that we're going to land that Linnea has to sit down for the landing. I took off my seatbelt and walked towards the room. I knocked on the door but she didn't answer. I opened the door and saw her sleeping.

I smiled seeing her sleeping soundly on the bed. I walked in and sat beside her.

"Linnea.. wake up." I said as I patted her arm.

"Linnea.. we're going to land." I said as I held both of her hands.

"No.. please let me sleep." She said.

"Linnea, we're going to land so you have sit on your seat." I said and she opened her eyes. She sat up and she rubbed her eyes. Her hair was everywhere and I laughed seeing it.

"What?" She asked as she looked at me confuse. I helped her to fix her hair.

"Let's go.." I said gesturing her to go out. She nodded and I walked out first. I sat down on my seat and she sat beside. She yawned and I looked at her chuckling.

"I'm so tired." She said as she leaned her head to my shoulder. I put her seatbelt and she pouted.

"You will have a meeting straight away?" She asked.

"Yeah, I told you.. I'm a busy man."

"Fine." She said pouting and I chuckled looking at her. She's cute but fierce at the same time. She can be a sweet adorable like an angel but can be crazy sexy hot like a devil. It's best of both worlds actually.

"We're here.. we're here." She clapped her hands as we landed safely. After the plane stopped, she immediately took off the seatbelt and stretched her body. I sighed when I saw her taking off her jacket. She threw it to one of the guards and I looked at her disbelief.

God have mercy..

"Come on! What are you waiting for?" She popped my bubbles of thoughts and I nodded. I took off my seatbelt and handed my laptop to my secretary. I walked out from the jet with Linnea and there's already 5 cars waiting for us. Of course, for her guards and my team. Me and Linnea got into the car that's in the middle.

I told my chauffer to drop me off straight to my meeting place. I turned to Linnea and she's busy looking outside the window.

"What are you going to do?" I asked.

"Stay at the hotel, I don't want to make a scene." She said and I nodded.

"Good, I don't want people to say bad things about you for being in Italy and you're with me too. You already had a scandal before and I don't think you want more." I said genuinely care for her.

"When will come back?"

"Maybe around 11 pm.." I said as I checked that it's 6.30 in Italy.

"That's so late.." She pouted again and I chuckled.

"Yeah, it's an important meeting."

"Okay.. I get it." She said as she raised her hands. She kept looking out the window which made me a little nervous. Don't tell me that she will do something crazy.

The car stopped at the place that I'm meeting but before I get out from the car. I turned to Linnea and she was playing with her phone.

"Linnea, will you be okay alone?" I asked and she turned to me smiling.

"Of course, I'll be waiting for you at the hotel. I mean I might be asleep once you get back though."

"Okay then.. have a rest and maybe I'll see you in the morning." I said as I patted her head.

"Okay." She nodded and I got out from the car. My secretary followed me into the building and when suddenly I got a call. I took my phone out from my pocket and it's my mother.

"Hello mother."

"Darling, how are you?" She asked.

"I'm good, how about you? How's Australia?"

"Oh I love it here, your father is considering to move here or maybe to New Zealand." She laughed and I shook my head.

"Very funny, mother." My secretary pressed the lift button and we both waited in front of the lift.

"So.. I heard from Samantha that Amanda is in Sweden. She told me that Linnea met you too."

"Yes, we met and she's with me now in Italy." I answered as I got into the lift.

"Really? Well.. please keep your eyes on her. She has to go back to Sweden in 6 months to get married with Raphael so please make sure that she's not doing anything crazy." I raised my eyebrows.

"Marrying Raphael?" I asked.

"Yes."

"But she doesn't want to marry him."

"She told you that?" My mother asked and I sighed.

"Yeah, she doesn't want him so that's why she's here."

"Really?" My mom's voice went up.

"Yeah." I answered.

"How about you marry her?" What?

"Mother, I don't understand your jokes these days."

"I'm not joking. I mean.. Linnea is a sweet girl." Not that sweet.

"Mother, I'm focusing on my career here. I don't want to settle down."

"Why not? I doubted that you don't like her. She's beautiful and attractive." She is. Everyone knows that she is beautiful and attractive.

"Mother, we're not going to talk about this topic again. I'm not getting married to anyone and besides if she's going to marry Raphael then let her be." I said as I entered the meeting room.

"Oh come on, Isaac. You need to get a girlfriend."

"Mother, we've talked about this before. I'm not going to.. get a girlfriend until I'm stable."

"You're just making excuses." She hissed.

"Have fun in Australia, mother. I'm going to start my meeting." I said and I ended the call. I started the meeting right away.