✨ Chapter 3: Move me

Sabian closed his eyes as he listened to the beat for his new track for the umpteenth time, bobbing his head slowly and tapping his finger against the side of his iphone

Sabian closed his eyes as he listened to the beat for his new track for the umpteenth time, bobbing his head slowly and tapping his finger against the side of his iphone. He was trying his best to tune into the music and feel the vibe so he could write, however at the moment he had a lot on his mind. In fact, there was always a lot on his mind because there was a million and one things on his list of what to get done. While he felt blessed to be busy, sometimes he just wanted a break from the limelight.

Unfortunately there was no such thing for Sire the Don, as he was a household name and going out in public to get away also meant being stopped constantly or being stalked by the paparazzi. That was mainly why he tried to spend most of his down time at home, or at least that was his excuse when his industry friends asked why he didn't step out often. It was common for rappers to be seen at multiple strip clubs, shows and all sorts of get togethers especially if they lived in Los Angeles, all except Sabian whose only events he ever attended was his own.

As he sat back in his thoughts, he began to think maybe he would step out to ease some of the stress from his fourth album drop. With only five years in the game, Sabian was one of the most successful artists of all time and his work ethic was the reason for that. However, he began to feel overworked, and with that came no inspiration when it came to music.

"You got anything for it?" JP, his producer asked after cutting the beat, "How you feeling?"

Sabian hopped out of his thoughts, "Nah...run it back for me"

He ran his hands over his long legs, and closed his eyes as he tried to tap into the beat once again. He listened to the singer's melody, her voice smooth and setting the exact tone that he wanted. The sexy serenade was supposed to convey the deep love a man felt for a woman; Spiritually, Physically and Emotionally. A song that men would play for that woman, not just any woman. But at the moment he even couldn't picture that woman in his head.

"Yeahhh, I got nothing" Sabian snickered, "I'ma step out, get some fresh air"

"You aiight?"

JP raised his eyebrow as Sabian stood to his feet, and nodded. Although that's what he said, his face spoke differently. JP knew that wasn't his place to question, and he would be there all night until Sabian felt comfortable, since he just happened to be getting paid handsomely by the hour.

Throwing his hoodie over his head Sabian embraced the chilly night. It was rare for it to ever be cold in LA, especially near the summer; He zippered it up next, and checked his surroundings before walking off from the studio. With no clue where he was headed, Sabian started a journey around the neighborhood to clear his head. He plugged his airpods in to listen to the chorus of the song as he walked, mumbling a series of words that he hoped would form into a verse.

"Nah nah, that ain't it" he shook his head frustrated.

Looking up, Sabian realized he was farther from the studio than he wanted to go. Spotting the dive bar lit up across the street, he was happy that his aimless walking actually led him to what he most likely needed.